Register now to get rid of these ads!

No More Paso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Aug 28, 2007.

1. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Wow, gang shootings and fighting? Sounds like somewhere I never would have traveled over 2000 miles to visit and stay for a few days. If I wanted that I could have just gone up the road to Detroit.

I am sad to see Paso leave Paso but after reading all of this maybe it is for the better.

2. malix

malix
    from windsor,ca

Been watching this thread for days.. and the others and I understand the feeling of folks not wanting to go where we arent wanted. But I dont really feel that we arent wanted. At least I never felt that in Paso ( been going since the mid nineties.. Its just a handful of Jackasses who are elected officials who wanted to ream Penny and WCC for $$ and tell them what kind o cars to put in the show and Ya Fuck those guys. As always it sucks that the few ruin it for the many.

Truth be told I am bummed. At the first went Paso I went to there it was much smaller and there was a bit more billet but it was enough for me to be in that square with the small town feel and the park and the cars.. Its like camping in Yosemite. Surrounded by that type of scenery you cant help but get caught up in the place. That vibe of being in a town that still feels like its back in the 50's and viewing it all through a car interior from the 30-50's is awesome. Every show I have ever been to has just been a car show. Only Paso was different. It was more. Thanks to Penny and WCC or all those great memories. I hope Santa Maria Surprises me but in the pit of my stomach I feel it might just be another car show. I hope not.

last note. If those paso city fucks tuck their little tails in between thier legs because of the reaming they get from the local community I for one would be happy to go back because it would mean that the folks in Paso do want us there and have made their voice heard. Now I know that what Penny and them have been put through may have been enough to call it quits for good (and I wouldnt blame them.) But I for one Would love to one day drive into a town like Paso looking like its 1950 with nothing but traditional rods and customs filling the roads and parking lots and to look over at my son (who is 1 1/2 ys old now) who for the first time is seeing what its like. You wouldnt be able to punch the smile off my face if you wanted to.

LONG LIVE PASO !!!( or some reasonable facsimile.)

3. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Sad to see the WCKustoms show move out of Paso, I love that place! We've been going for 17 or 18 years now. But, Rich & Penny "made" the show what it is today, and always has been. I'll continue to support Penny, WCK and "Paso" wherever it is. I'm optomistic, and willing to see how it goes in Santa Maria.
    Here's a letter from Penny, setting things straight.

August 30, 2008
    Dear Friends:
    It is with a mixture of joy and sadness that I write this letter to all of you that have
    supported our West Coast Kustoms Memorial Day car show in Paso Robles for all these
    years.
    I and my staff have been receiving countless emails, phone calls and letters regarding the
    future of our car show. The ones that talk about Rich and his dream have really touched
    my heart. But it is now time to set the record straight. The City of Paso Robles and West
    Coast Kustoms have parted company, we agree to disagree.
    Our car show has outgrown the city park. The City, especially the police department, had
    realistic and valid concerns regarding the safety and well being of their town in the event
    of an emergency during our show. The City also had serious concerns regarding the
    "element" that follows an event of this kind. They experienced higher than normal
    incidents of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct resulting in their wanting us to
    share in large part the financial ramifications from this. Something that was financially
    impossible. Due to the bicycle event that runs concurrently with our car show, moving to
    the fairgrounds was not an option.
    We have and still do love the ambience of Paso Robles. We are very unhappy that this
    has upset the local merchants. We feel they are the real losers in all of this. As I know
    from personal experience, being self employed is not always easy and a decision like this
    will deliver a serious blow to the local economy. This will have far reaching
    consequences as our show directly or indirectly helped to support many business and
    organizations in the community.
    But this is not the end of our Memorial Day "West Coast Cruisin Nationals". We have
    had several meetings with the city of Santa Maria and I can officially announce that this
    is where we are moving. The dates for next year’s show are May 24-25, 2008. I feel that
    this is a very positive move for us.
    Again, thank you for all your love, care and concern.
    Penny Pichette
    West Coast Kustoms

Alright, gotta go get ready for 'Primer Nats'. Leaving in an hour...

Attached Files:

4. Burny

Burny

Damnit! I booked rooms for the 30th thru the 1st...So it's not on Memorial day anymore? Sonofabitch...

5. 53chevy

53chevy

It's always the last Monday in May. Which in 2008 is the 26th.

6. Burny

Burny

not this year people...I just had to scramble and get a room and cancle my other reservation...BTW- Holiday Inn still has rooms, Santa Maria Inn is sold out

7. Burny

Burny

I'm a moron...thanks...i always thought it was the last weekend of the month