Register now to get rid of these ads!

No More Paso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I just talked to the lady where I stayed at for the last 9-10 years and she said last year that there was a club that was staying at the hotel that the police got called on they were giving the manager a hard time and excesive drinking she said they had a keg with a club name painted on there truck...and it was people in primer cars therfore probably giving the rest of us law abiding and non rude people the bad name...

2. GeeRam

GeeRam

Well, arn't I glad I made it over the Altlantic for Paso this year, at least I got to one.

Was looking forward to coming over again next year, but with the move to a fairground type venue I might replan the trip for later and do Bonneville instead......;)

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Hmm...

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

You know what I just thought of...now they can charge people to get in. That will keep out the local dipshits with nothing better to do.

5. Do you know any of the guys from that club? :confused:

I do, and am proud to call Jerry Gaskill a close friend, he & the rest of the guys are about as far from 'Gold Chains' as you can get....

Anyway.....

Paso Council can go kiss a duck....

Long live "Paso II" the Santa Maria Years...

6. Pretty lucky eh Graham, your 1st & last Paso rolled into one!

Come to Billetproof next year :D

7. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

That's what I'm hoping.
    I figure we'll lose a couple hundred because it's not in Passhole, but gain that many in the cheap bastards that never register and just hang around.
    Now that it is in the fairgrounds, those guys will have to at least pay spectator to come in and see the show, the vendors, and the live bands.
    We need to show Penny support.
    She's really afraid she's gonna lose a lot of cars.

Craig

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Ooh, that would be good. I almost forgot about those years.

9. hdcustomizer

hdcustomizer

Yeah they should move it back to the old place Los Banos Califas:cool:

10. hdcustomizer

hdcustomizer

Any info on wereabouts of new show?

11. My letter to Paso council

Good luck trying to duplicate the revenue our show provides the small businesses of your town. I'm sure it'll crush a reasonable amount of your Ma/Pa type places that make small town America great. I've really grown to like the people of Paso that I've had the pleasure to know through my attendance at this show. I've talked to some at length about the move. It pained me to learn how adversely they feel this will affect them. John Randazzo

12. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

There's alot more to the story when city government's involved. We'll never know the whole story. The local businesses will be the ones to really feel the loss. The 10-speed bike people aren't the ones patronizing all the restaurants and filling up every available motel room. Most of 'em camp at the fairgrounds and eat pre-packaged energy bars. I've never seen one in Papi's, or Marv's Pizza in all the years I've been there. The City also gets tax dollars from all the commerce during that weekend...they just shot themselves in the foot!!

13. Iron-Iceberg

Iron-Iceberg

$10 says the city of Paso trys to have their own show. Their is not a town in CA anymore that doesn't have some type of car show. They will just try to do it with their own rules.
    Hope everyone blows them off.

Oh and Atascadero is not a Ghetto, its a MUD PIT.

14. It's been suspected that's one reason. They don't have a prayer to match the shear numbers that Penny/Rich's deal generates. Unfortunately it'll be way too late when they realize that. Everybody's an expert

15. I always knew they had the I Q of a mature cucumeber, now they prooved it. I had been going to Memorial Day and Labor day both since 1983 until 2006 then I moved to West Virginia, boy I'm glad. Rags

16. bonesy

bonesy

I don't like going to parties I'm not wanted at - good riddens.

17. reporteranne

reporteranne

Yes there is a Paso newspaper, the Paso Robles Press! I'm a reporter for it and I can tell you our phones have been ringing off the hook with everyone here who is so disappointed. Write us at [email protected]. The bigger paper, county wide, is the Tribune, they will print your letters too. Penny asked me to hold off writing about it till next week I don't know why. We'll miss you all!

18. Now that's it's "outed" here, go ahead and print it. The sooner, the better those poor merchants find out what those geniuses have done to their finances

19. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

I don't see what the fuss is about. I lived in Atascadero for 4 years and go back often. I hate Paso.

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I will double the Hmm, I would love to know.:mad:

21. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

KOOL ANOTHER HOUR IN MY BUICK......:cool: SANTA MARIA, HERE WE COME...:D

[​IMG]

22. Wolfie

Wolfie

Well, I just got off the phone with Penny and even though the location has chained to Santa Maria it will still be considered the "Paso" run to me! I was at the very first one out at the lake and I was at the last one in Paso and most all of them in between! Just the other day, I got my '50 Olds back from "Uncle Al" and he did a great job on the louvers, the exhaust and the hood & trunk, along with a 5" drop in the rear, so now it'll be ready to head for the "Paso" run in Santa Maria next May!!!....Hope to see some of you guys & gals there!!!

Wolfie:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This photo is a prime example of the pull of people and the popularity of that show. Oh yeah, ARCH tht is one badass Buick.:D

24. Nice car. That's my new screensaver

25. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

RIP Paso, now lets all support this show and see what happens this year. I can now give up my over priced grandfathered rooms up in Paso.
    the Strangers have already booked some rooms at the holiday inn.

it just means an extra hour of drive time, most of the fun is the journey.

I will miss the little mom and pop buisnesses that me and my family have supported every Memorial weekend for the past 12 years in Paso but can stop and say hello on the way home.

As for the city trying to do there own show, i'm sure they will, but it is up to us NOT to support it.

We should all give Penny a huge THANK YOU for dealing with this.

Screw PASO Long Live Santa Maria.

book rooms now and cancel your paso rooms.

26. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

thanks Guys, See Ya In Santa Maria...:D
    Rafa.

27. lolife

lolife

I don't think the LA people would travel that far. But then that might be a good thing :p

You'd have to provide a lot of trailer parking...

28. la mosca

la mosca
    from Everywhere

Well lets hope the town can appreciate the Kulture. We did this run at hot august nites back in 98' , it was in reno, Nevada. They hold this show annually. Well the city had a huge rap concert (the chronic tour or some shit)the same weekend as the car show. Now picture a butt load of kids, some in to the car Kulture and others not so much. Mixed up with a bunch of old timers and gold chainers, now mix in alota alcohol and some dope the same weekend. Shit went down! Everyone got locked up! The jail was packed!!! The bail was at felony rates! For misdemeanors! shame on the city of reno for what they did. two completely different Kultures clashing. Why?? Not smart. But the city definetly scored. New places can be lame too.

29. tisdelski

tisdelski

wow , the world has turned on its end when someone from lompton calls santa maria ghetto, i duck when i drive through lompton.

as much as i enjoy living here, i loved going to paso, it will be great but it won`t be the same.

good news is the chief of police is a car guy, the bad news is, he takes his job seriously.

gary

30. Cruiser

Cruiser

Dreadman,

:eek: The Santa Maria Inn is the closest hotel to the fairgrounds. There is no ghetto's on the central coast of California. Paso was doing a good job for quit a while tell this move. We should give credit were credit is do. Paso has just lost the greatest and coolest custom-Hot Rod show in the USA. There is a great '50's drive In on Main Street on the right hand side after leaving the freeway. Lots of other hamburger places too Wendy's Burger King etc..
    In 1981 the NSRA had there Western Nations at the fairgrounds and it was very windy. The hotels jacked up the prices for all the hotels , so book your hotel NOW. It seems like this story is true this time and Paso is over. Cruiser and Silvas Wire & Rods will be giving out the award called " One Fine Short ' again in '08 bring your cruiser and you might take home with this prestigious award.

May Paso rest in peace - Santa Maria here we come.

** Just got off the telephone with Penny and its TRUE the "Cruisin Nations (Paso) is moving to Santa Maria, Cailfornia. **

Cruiser :cool: