Register now to get rid of these ads!

No more lurking on the HAMB

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by woody, Feb 17, 2005.

1. woody

woody

Well, here goes. My name is Woody(that's my real name. It has nothing to do with cars with wooden sides. I don't even really like woodys.) I live in the SF bay area. I'm totally into old fords and traditional hot rods.

I decided a few years ago that I wanted a to own a hot rod. Well hot rods are expenenive. So my only recourse was to try and build one so I could "make payments". Having basically no experience, starting from "mental scratch." I have done a lot of research and found what I like and don't like, etc.

After about 5 years I have a mock up that I think is looking pretty good. Lemme know what you think.

Here's a link to a pic of my car

http://img1.imagevenue.com/loc160/d53_DCP_0617.JPG

Finally I would like to say that this is such a great forum. The info and ideas I have gathered here in one hour is worlds better than a year's worth of Streetrodder. Talent unparalleled.

Thank you. Woody

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nice intro, informative, includes photo. Welcome to the HAMB.

3. Muttley

Muttley

Welcome! That is a great start to your project. I'll post the pic for you.

[​IMG]
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

4. lownrusty

lownrusty

Welcome to the HAMB, what part of S.F. area are you in? Thats a good lookin coupe you have there. Paul

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yes, Woody..
    Most of us started the same way as you. Few grew up with the talent in their family. Most here are/were dirt poor but not dollar foolish. Great to see another up and coming, and by your pic...talented newcomer. Now show us naked pictures of all your female friends and family.:D

6. woody

woody

Yeah, with it mocked up people can see more than a pile of rust. Gives me a little credibility. I live in the North bay. Corte Madera.

Muttley likes this.