Register now to get rid of these ads!

History No more "Chevys", sorry guys....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by URY914, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

So they issue something from corporate that they want the employees to use Chevrolet instead of Chevy and it's a big deal. wah wah wah....

Oh wait someone will want to two tone their Chevrolet from the 70's.

I hope so as well, that's just silly...

2. Deuces

Deuces

Ol' Henry would have just stayed out of it and worry more about production... Smart guy!!! :D

3. Please everyone stop calling Chevrolet Small Blocks SBC's or small block chevys. Use the proper name, belly button motors from now on. Big Block Chevys will now be known as the Hand Grenade Motor. And yes we are still producing Chevrolet Chevelles painted red with black stripes in Mexico and that's why you always see at least 25 of them at any show or cruise night. Please note, the name of these cars has changed to the Chevrolet Chevellerolet, mostly powered by the world famous Belly Button Motor, and some by the Hand Grenade Motor.

We thank you for your co-operation

Dick Weede,
    -General Motors Marketing Division

4. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Sorry for posting this shit,but to answer Deuces' question.Here is a picture of a Chevrolet 'Matiz',that used to be a Daewoo Matiz.It's only since the GM buyout of the South Korean company that makes them(Daewoo) that they now sport that Chevrolet badge on their ugly asses.I refuse to call them 'Chevrolets'

[​IMG]

5. Right! He's French, he'd give up before the fight got started. :p

6. McKee

McKee

Chev's were only sold in Canada.

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I think it is funny they used Coke as an example, Wasn't it originally Coca-Cola?(retorical question), nicknames stick and there is nothing corporations can do about it.

8. Deuces

Deuces

Sorry!! I was just messing with ya!! :D

9. I don't know how I'm going to pull that one off. I been driving Chebbys and calling them that for over 40 years.

They seem to have backed off on it because they want money more than name recognition. Face it if you have to call it a Chevrolet anyone with a speech impediment won't be able to own one.

I don't think you can legitimately call my small block a belly button motor. Of course you couldn't tell what kind of motor it is from looking at the tail lights.

Sorry I just couldn't pass up the drama.:eek:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010

10. Exactly right.
    Do they really think this will boost sales and profits ?

Who got a bonus for coming up with this brilliant marketing strategy ?
    Probably the same idiot that decided to close hundreds of dealerships.

11. ken1939

ken1939

Well if we are got to be total proper, they should be called "Louis Chevrolet's"

And we should call them "Henry Ford's"

And we should call them "Dodge Brothers"

But Buick is still Barfed Up Icky Carmel Corn.

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Only if you can't spell.

13. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

It's a pretty scary state of affairs when you have so many highly talented people needing work, and on the other hand so many people in high level positions that seriously can't do any better than waste time on something like this.

14. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Mr. Ford would have hired people to kick the shit out of them both.:D

15. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

"We love Chevy. In no way are we discouraging customers or fans from using the name. We deeply appreciate the emotional connections that millions of people have for Chevrolet and its products."

Customers OR FANS............. To me that says alot obout GM. We don't build anything anyone wants to buy anymore, But we do have people who are fans of what we used to build 40 plus years ago.... Classic

16. That's some funny shit there:)

17. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

And don't forget Louis Chevrolet left them after only a few years.

18. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I named my son Ardun. Makes people work a little to get it. And I have a Chevy.

19. "She kissed me and took me by the hand..
    Gonna love me in my "Chevrolet" van."

Nah, doesn't sound right.

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Seeing how the government has taken over GM, how about callin' Chevrolets "Obies"?

21. hkestes

hkestes

First he would have to be able to catch Walter Chrysler. Chevrolets have been trying to do that for years.

22. Can we still call them rust bucket, never starting when hot, piles of crap?

Just making sure they aren't losing all the nicknames. :D

23. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

No they did that in 1970:)

24. MODELA30

MODELA30

Ok to all you bikers its not your "harley" its your harley-davidson. Davidson familly is really getting mad!!!!!! Knuck from indiana.

25. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

best post of this thread!!!

26. MAKE SOME NOISE!
    This is funny! Just one more example of the upper level corporate types being out of touch. So they had some shakeup or spent loads of $$ on some new ad plan. Then they have to justify whatever it was they did by making some kind of change or just some noise. Got themselves some media coverage again. I guess ya can still call your car a Chevy or anything else ya have in mind! Just like ya can choose not to buy Visegrips since they went to China!

27. Chevy is taking a page from Fram oil filters playbook.

Spend enough money on marketing without caring about improving the product. That way your quality can be shit, but as long as they are buying,,,,,,,, who cares? :cool:

28. hemifarris

hemifarris

It doesn't matter what they make. They provide American jobs......

29. pcterm2

pcterm2

:eek:sorry guys the only thing i have to say to gm is wft?

30. See the USA IN A CHEVROLET WHILE WE ALL PAY!! Maybe Government motors wants a change!! Haven't we all had enough change already ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.