Register now to get rid of these ads!

No money but want skirts? Make em cheap!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drptop70ss, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

Killer Job!!! I dig it..

2. Abomb

Abomb

Yes, you see it on The HAMB, but even here, there are at least 3 threads asking "what to buy" for every 1 that says "look what I made myself".

I'm guilty of buying parts that I could make myself, but I can do that now, and it's a time versus money deal for me. 20 years ago, when I was young and broke, I made do with what I could do and make...I had more time than money...oh, wait, I still have more time than money.....it's just that I have less time than I used to have...:D

Anyway, I appreciate the young guys that make stuff they can't afford, and there's too many young people today that don't realize that that's even an option....some of them are even car guys.

3. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

nice! gives that Cadillac much better look......

4. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

They blend in really well, almost like the wheel opening should have been full from the factory.

5. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

I agree, have to get pics with the gray paint, should disappear into the fender.

Thanks again for all the kind words. I am no fabricator, compared to a lot of guys here this is a very small project, but it was fun to do. Gotta start somewhere!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  6. parklane

parklane

Great job. My kind of post. Thanks

7. my47buicksuper

my47buicksuper
    from sunny fl.

looks good from here
    i might have to do something simular for my buick no money to buy nice ones and there hard to find anyway

8. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Finally took a picture with them painted, matched the gray as close as I could with rattle can stuff. Been on the car for a few hundred miles so they are now interstate tested.

[​IMG]

9. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

That's a cool car,now all we need is a home-made Visor,ha ha,nice work! Gaz.

10. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Visor is on the list..we found witness marks on the car where it actually must of had one at some time in its life, the gray paint is still there where the mounts covered the A pillars. This thing was a crusier from way back!