Register now to get rid of these ads!

No longer pretending to be a Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BradM32ply, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BradM32ply

BradM32ply

I have posted previously about my 1932 Plymouth that someone had modified with a Ford grill and hood. In my restoration of trhe car, I am returning it to the Plymouth Hood and grill. One of the issues is that they also modified the cowl to look like a Ford. I am happy to say that those mods are now removed. I have a lot of work left to do, but the cowl again looks like a Plymouth. I had lots of fun removing a lot of body filler and a lot of lead. Then I was able to cut a lot of little tack welds.

Attached Files:

2. I have a friend who had a beautiful daily driver 32 PB Plymouth for many years from the late 60's to the early 90's.

The '32 Plymouth shares a similarity to the 32 Ford 3 window coupe but comes from the factory already chopped.

I believe these are beautiful cars. HRP

3. Do you still have the doors for those cowl vents? It is still going to be a jalopy or you are trying to restore it stock?

4. kookee

kookee

Two thumbs up!

5. 62rebel

62rebel

glad to see it returning to the MoPar look... they're fabulous looking cars in their own right. now, i love Fords... but Plymouths had the better look out of the box.

6. das858

das858

Congratulations, those are beautiful cars, they definitely don't need to look like a ford to look great.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

lets see some before pics.

8. BradM32ply

BradM32ply

More before pics. Additionally, the progress of my barn can be seen in the photos.

Attached Files:

9. Cool looking car. Might as well yard that chevy out of it, and go for a mopar motor while your at it. A 413 with a long ram would rule.

10. ezdusit

ezdusit

What would possess someone to think that a '32 Ford looks better than a Model PB Plymouth?!? They must have been blind or crazy. Congratulations on tackling such a complicated transformation. I hope you can find the hood with the vent doors as well as the radiator shell. If you need the lower mud shield piece that goes below the radiator shell, check with "P.B.King" on ebay. He made the one I'm using on my roadster.

Here's an interesting comparison:
    [​IMG]

11. wow! dig that the plymouth 4 cyl is almost as big as the ford v-8 with the same hp.
    I wonder what the hp of the plymouth was at the higher compression?
    has anybody here driven both motors? and comments on both?

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

can I have the 32 truck grille...hmmm?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. I wouldn't go that far.

14. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I would.....

15. MoparJoel