Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage No Fresno Autorama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ANDEREGG TRIBUTE, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Blackie Gejeian calls it quits for Fresno Autorama
    By Paula Lloyd - The Fresno Bee

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/02/25/2736832/blackie-gejeian-officially-ends.html#storylink=cpy

Well I personally am heartbroken. For several reasons. This was, and Blackie is a Central Valley institution. I was truly hoping to have our roadster finished, and be invited by Blackie to show our car with his Shishkabob. In a few conversations I had with him he was very very friendly and very excited about our build. Sad news for the Central Valley and Hot Rodding in general. :(

2. built2grind

built2grind

Wow! Another show bites the dust, I hope someone will pick it up and try to keep it going, Sad that the great shows keep dropping off.:(

3. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Blackie is a great guy. Invited me up with my coupe in my avatar. Won my class. Hate to see his with health issues

4. What a sad note, but the man can be proud of his accomplishments and I wish him the best. It is a tough deal to put on a show when you are in the best of health. Truly a legend in his time.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad but there was mention of it last year as he doesn't get around as well as he used to.

6. that man has some great cars
    a car i bought had a invite to his show, sure wished i did that a couple years ago

7. JxCentralCal

JxCentralCal

Yeah read that in the paper. I got to meet blackie a few times and he's cool as shit.
    We need a show now to fill the void for us living in The middle of the bay and la.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Blackie set a high standard with cars he built, like his beautiful black roadster. plus, the many cars with history in his collection. his show was not the biggest but, was a platform to shows only top notch rides. yep, will be missed. but, still look forward to seeing him at shows. anyone ever done a book on him? could not find posters, etc from his shows. anyone know where to find 'em? picked up a "official program" from '62 show from Barris Kustom City site.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  9. Bummer! I was looking forward to going again. Nothing lasts forever.

10. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i used to go in the late 70's when i lived up there. this is really a shame. i think the show should continue under blackie's instruction. it's to big to let it go.

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

My first Fresno Autorama was 1969.....built model cars just to get in for free.

12. Weasel

Weasel

It's been coming for a while but it's still so sad to see the end of an era. Blackie is the nicest guy you could ever hope to meet, with a deep seated and life long passion for hot rods and customs - just an all time great....

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

14. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

maybe a car club might be interested in getting involved in running this great show?like the lars show. sit down with the man and listen to all that goes on in to doing this stuff his way. maybe record all the stories and problem he came up against over the years. it's to importaint of a show to let it go. any big name people interested in carrying the torch?

15. Muttley

Muttley

Doubtful, Fresno is dead and isnt coming back anytime soon.

16. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Congratulations to Blackie for giving 53 years of his 85 to this show for the betterment of his chosen hobby/life! The time to quit comes to us all sooner or later.
    Here's to him! HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!