Register now to get rid of these ads!

No Damn Room?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Frankie47, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Model A garages, whose got em'
    You know the tiny narrow I can't do a damn thing garages...Mine is 16 by 24 , huge by the old days, but not yet big enough to get some elbow room.
    I remember trying to put my 71 300 into a standard size garage and it having been about 3 feet too short.

2. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

mine is so small i have a honda accord project in there,i can open the drivers door half way, but not the passenger door, have enough space at the end to work, but no space behind the doors, have a good solid bench on one side that runs the entire length of the garage, and thank god i have a loft over it. space is so tight i have the car in the air,and the bumpers and other big stuff stored under it. I'm just grateful the good lord blessed me with a garage though. the house is a hundred years old and i believe the garage is also. this has decades of different art deco stuff on the walls too,someone was an artist at some point in the past.

3. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

I'm looking at getting a house and trying to avoid that.... suprisingly having pretty good luck. Just need to make sure the bank will fork up the cash money :rolleyes:

4. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

i feel for you, mine is 45x100 :) i can fit damn near anything.

5. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

16 x 24? Damn, that's huge!! :p
    My little garage is a whopping 12 x 20. I'm cleaning it up and moving things around so I can at least do some work in it, but it will have to do until I can build a bigger one on the other side of the property.
    [​IMG]

6. pecker head

pecker head

I feel your pain , I got 16 X 20 !

7. HuffDaddy

HuffDaddy

I knotted down a 12.5' x 16' garage a few years back and built a large two car garage. I have a small city lot, and couldn't bigger. I'm still working on finishing off the inside. It already feels too small, o'well.

Welcome to the HAMB.

8. Rooney00

Rooney00

Yup. Mine is 14'x20'. Built in 1930. There is a lot of space around it so I work outside and just use the garage for tool storage. It's pretty cramped with just that!

Welcome aboard.

9. Red Farmer built race cars in a 16x24 garage in the early days of his career. I work on my stuff in one with the same dimensions, and that's where I keep the '38 Ford pickup. I'd like to be able to afford a bigger and nicer garage, but I'm thankful for what I've got. At least I have a concrete floor. When we lived in Baltimore, my only place to work on it was a dirt floor lean-to on a friend's barn about 20 miles out from town.