Register now to get rid of these ads!

NJ HAMBers..Pumpkin Run Nov 6th..Who's going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordgasser1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

it was great.. totally forgot to check this out to see who was all going..My buddy and I rode our bikes down there, and it was well worth the trip. if ya saw a rusty looking chopper with antlers and a primer black shovelhead with a springer in front of the red enclosed trailer that said eggharbor police explorers or some crap that was us..(I got the shovel)..will post a few pics I took in a bit.

2. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    shame the little hemi siezed up while he was running it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

4. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

5. leebros60

leebros60
    from new jersey

just for everyones info i work there and we built a new road in. cars start coming in about 6:30 am. yesterday it went perfect,there was only a short wait all day long. the other road worked perfect. thanx guys see you all next year.

6. synthsis

synthsis

I didn't know that there was a new road in but it worked flawlessly since we didn't have to wait in traffic this year like last year (took me well over an hour last year AND ran out of gas on the way in). Great show as always.

7. fairlaniac

fairlaniac
    from Denver, PA

A little late but we went to both. We got down to Flemings by 1:00, the swap meet is really a community type yard sale. Some car part vendors and yard sale items. It was a fun and unique event that I think we may go to next year for the whole day. It looked like a bunch of fun but if you are hardcore car part hunting, Maple's swap meet was the better choice.

8. leebros60

leebros60
    from new jersey

that is correct,its really a car show with just about anything else you could imagine. but not much of a car parts swap meet. we are trying to make the swap area bigger so maybe that part will get better, we are trying we hope that part gets better.. but you gotta admit you cant beat the rest of it. thanx guys see ya all next year.. we also had one in may that never took off so i doubt thats going to happen this year, but maybe we will try and change the date or something like that we will see what happens. you guys chime in and we ll see what kind of interest we get thanx again

9. fairlaniac

fairlaniac
    from Denver, PA

Since you guys seem to have something to do for most everybody how about another event that fits in with the junkyard? We used to do this years ago. We'd have a sign up sheet split into minutes, people would by a minute for $2. Then we'd take a car with a running engine, wire the throttle back and fire it up. We had a large digital timer and TV monitor and when she blew or seized to a stop the person with that minute won 50/50 and we took the other half for a new clunker at the next party. Just an idea along with the col and whacky events that you have there.