Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Nitro racers warning pri.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Nitro racers listen up. Home land security was at pri this weekend with a booth. They were handing out info on how to make sure you are in compliance with federal law. They are interested in making sure dangerous material such as nitro do not make it into the wrong hands. You can not have in your possession more than 400 pounds at any given time thats about 38 gallons unless you are approved by hs. They were making it very clear we all need to start following the rules. If someone were to identify one of us as a nitro racer then find a way to steal or purchase some nitro the results could be both disasterous to this country and our sport. You dont want to get on the bad side of these goverment guys. The fact they were at such a high profile event like the pri says alot. If you have or may have in your possession more than 40 gallons of nitro i encourage you to call this number. They can direct you on how to do the work online to be approved to have 40 or more gallons. They are not looking to bust anyone just trying to make sure the nitro is safe through educating the public on safe guarding the material. Things like secure indoor storage; cameras; alarm systems etc. If hs can find their way to pri they can surely make it to a race thats boasting they have nitro cars booked in. I dont think these guys are going to accept the i didnt know line. The web site is www.dbs.gov/chemicalsecurity. 20171209_193010.jpg 20171209_193356.jpg 20171209_193018.jpg

RICH B, 302GMC, fast30coupe and 2 others like this.
  2. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Upstanding thing for HS to do instead of people finding out the hard way. Used to sit on some Regional Emergency Management Boards and their areas of concern are far reaching. They are worried about things most of us have never thought of, and for good reason. Thumbs up to coming to the racers on this.
    SPark

Texas Webb, harpo1313 and Andamo like this.
  3. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

so much better than banning it ,gov concerns for the folks without ruining recreation is good.

Texas Webb, Deuces and dan31 like this.
  4. Good practice on their part.Working with people,what a concept.

5. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Not something new as they have been doing this for awhile now

6. I agree the rules are not new. Showing up at pri is. I have been going for 15 plus years and never saw them. I have to go i think i hear a drone over the house.