Register now to get rid of these ads!

nitro madness

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by mudflap261, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

this issue of nitro madness magazine has a article on the ha/g and sdra the most ink we have ever received 5 pages of pics and info

2. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

3. ThingyM

ThingyM

Yea... I got my issue of Nitro Madness last Friday,, Pretty cool write up and pics...

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

5. Casual 6

Casual 6
    from Great NW

What a great article. I was so engrossed in looking at the pictures and reading the captions that I missed the plug for Tom West in Bakersfield and myself here in Oregon the first few times I read the article.

Thanks so much for mentioning us. We're calling ourselves the Northwest Vintage Dragsters.

We have our 2012 racing schedule already set up. We have 6 races at Woodburn Dragstrip. I will be posting more info in a separate thread.

Terrific article and publicity. Thanks again for including us.

Walt Skoczylas
    Northwest Vintage Dragsters
    http://home.comcast.net/~northwest.vintage.dragsters/site/

6. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Got our copy in today's mail. Good press.

7. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Got mine Friday, rather extensive article. very nice. :cool:

8. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

If we, both groups, are to grow we need more ink like this. As we, SDRA, have said "We are racing in the dark" because no one knows about this type of car. That holds true for both groups. After this issue was posted on the Net, we have received several calls for information on these cars. That is a positive sign.
    May we, both groups, continue to grow.

9. Old28

Old28

That was one fine article with lots of press and pictures. I hope that the HA/GR and SDRA cars out on the coast get some more press with races in Bakersfield, Eagle Field & Woodburn, OR. ;)

Ya they spelled my last name wrong (Tom Welch), only my Doctor calls me by my last name. It's all about the Cars anyway. :)

10. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

I am surprised this article has not recieved more comments, it is by far the most ink the movement has ever recieved nationaly

11. Old28

Old28

Larry, a lot of the general public don't even know the magazine is out there. It's more of a hard core racer magazine and most nostalgia racers don't see a lot in it that pertains to them.:rolleyes:

I for one love it and if we keep material and pictures available maybe some shorter articles will come out in the future. Letting people know what were doing will only help build both groups.:)

12. KenoshaChris

KenoshaChris

I am a former member of the FEDA and worked with The NostalgiaBoys from Illinois and so I get Nitro Madness and love it but you are right, we need to spread the word. My hope is that I can get it all together here in Southeast Wisconsin and by racing locally start some interest here. Time will tell but I thank Nitro Madness for letting me know you all exist. God Bless - Chris

13. bobw

bobw

I read it on-line, thanks to Joe Hamby posting the link. Great publicity.