Register now to get rid of these ads!

nightmare truck....sketch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly, Aug 6, 2007.

1. A while back I posted asking for some chopped 46-54 chebbies...then later posted pics of my chop...I was looking for something like the sinister bastard half-brother of the R&C Dream Truck. yadda yadda...I had this nightmare, see? In this twisted mind many demented things abide therein...this was one of them. The vision kept aggrivating me until I sketched it...and hasn't bothered me since.

I'll probably never have the time nor money to build it, but thought maybe someone on here might find something useful in it...please forgive me if it's too "rat:eek:rod..."

Mark

Attached Files:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. brewsir

brewsir

It's not all bad...I would leave the front fenders covering the tires on top and probably turn the pipes out the back down the bedrails. But it has potential!

3. beetlebailey

beetlebailey
    from fort worth

yeah im not sure about the tires poking out the tops of the fender, but i like everything else, even the upturned stacks.

4. I would like them better covered too....I just drew what i saw in the dream...IF I can ever get around to building it, they will be covered.

thanks for the comments :)

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

reminds me of a Cord. Very cool.

6. oh yeah.. that would be cool if you continued the grill out along the sides behind the front fenders

7. I was thinking the same thing, I even like the fenders. And I hate fenders.:D

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I think it would be cool to have the fenders turn with the tires but not attached to the front end like the motorcycle fenders. Larger fenders wouldnt stay on with all the bouncing up and down with the suspension. They would have to be mounted on a swivel and be attached to the steering cross shaft. One of my nightmares.

9. Or maybe to the brake backing plates?

10. brewsir

brewsir

Unsprung weight would make it one hard riding bitch...if you could keep the fenders from breaking off. KISS keep it simple son!

11. Moonglow

Moonglow

Love your nightmare vison!

Maybe the fender cutouts could be replaced with blisters? That way the fenders wouldn't need to be attached to the suspension, but could be bolted to the frame/body.
    Very cool and different idea. This would take significant skill to build. That alone would separate from most ratrods.

12. Gigantor

Gigantor

That's bitchin' - and you're a pretty fare hand with the pencil. Was the dame in your nightmare too?
    I had a dream about my Chebby the other night, and although I might refer to it as a wet dream, actually pulling it off in real life would be a nightmare.
    I gotta say, you've given me some ideas for what's going to be left of my parts car when it's all said and done. Thanks for sharing.

13. Maybe it just needed a little tweaking. I don't mind the open front wheels, but a little "skirting" to bring it back.

A little nip here. . . a little tuck there. . . some tone, and voila!

Attached Files:

14. I like the design and this is my version.

Attached Files:

hillbilly likes this.
  15. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I think the bed needs a lil stretch and the tail should taper down like a nice custom Zephyr.....

16. I'm building and rebuilding my 54 GMC, last week I pulled the cab and set back two inches from the rear wheels.
    when I looked at it I saw twin inline 331 cads and a short bed.
    but if you set the cab back along with the front clip and drop the front straight down over the wheels you're almost there
    you'll have to set the engine and trans back too

Attached Files:

17. Thanks for all the input, y'all! I really like the two "tweaked" versions, and nate's suggestion of continuing the grille down the sides past the fenders, ala cord style...yeah, I like that a lot!

glad someone could get some ideas from it, the twin engines sounds idea sound cool.

yep, the dame was in the dream too, but my girlfriend doesn't need to know about that :p

My son is wanting to build this thing now, I guess we'll combine efforts and use both our trucks to pull it off...

18. mortecai

mortecai

I think it is doable. might rethink the exposed front tires tho.

19. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

So fun sketching out dreams... I hope you get to build it someday.

20. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

the front fenders cant turn with the wheels, Tucker was experimenting with this idea, but what happens is that the fenders turn into rudders or flaps. basically, like the back of an airplanes tail fin. and the car would fly out of control.

anyway, id continue the front fenders.

Attached Files:

hillbilly likes this.
  21. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

kinda reminds me of this too. even though this is a roadster.
    [​IMG]
    1939 Bugatti 57C Van Vooren Cabriolet once owned by the Shah of Iran and now part of the Petersen Auto Museum collection in Los Angeles.

22. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

That's exactly where I was going......

23. customcory

customcory

Hey hillbilly, heres you a "Hillbilly Nightmare"! I really liked your sketch, and it got me to thinking. Hell man, thanks for some inspiration. That thing has a evil feel to it and I tried to pick up on it. I tried to do it just like you have it, hubcaps and all. The more I worked on it the better it looked! You should build it somehow, steal some money.I like the ridge down the center of the rear fenders, and I think the back wheel openings should have a little flair on them. I was kinda thinkin' 53 Buick style headlights in the sleeve of wizard headlight openings. I let the picture do the talking. Can I put it on the art show?:D

Dsc00587.jpg

hillbilly likes this.
  24. customcory

customcory

I forgot to show you the front, its scary.:eek:

Dsc00579.jpg

hillbilly likes this.

25. yeah man! That's what I'm talkin about! I'm glad it got someone's inspiration going, pens/pencils moving...

It's definately gonna get built, one way or another!

P.S.
    If you were askin' me about puttin it in the art show...sure! Go ahead, you did that awesome drawing of it, that's your work, do with it what you will, I'm gonna save it here so I'll have something more than just my 3/4 view of it...

26. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

Crazy. I diggit the most.

27. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

again i say... the fenders cant turn with the wheels. or at least not at a good speed over 35.

28. lolife

lolife

How about some blisters?

29. Moonglow

Moonglow

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that........oh that's right, I already did. :D

Actually now that I see the other developed rendering by customcory, I like cut outs even better. :cool:

One thing's for sure........this baby would be no rat!

30. Madmaxx

Madmaxx
    from Omaha, Ne

WOW!!! There is some real talent on this site. There is also plenty of creativity and conflicting..... no... more like varying styles that it is interesting.

Everyone who gave positive input are the people that REALLY MAKE this site.

This site does rock!