Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nightfire Nationals 2010 Firebird Raceway PICS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51farmtruck, Aug 15, 2010.

1. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

My family and a couple of friends missed out on bonneville this year, so we went to the Nightfire Nationals at Firebird Raceway in Idaho. It was a fun drive down and back and the racing was awesome. The show they put on in Pro Mod, Top Fuel, and Nitro Funny Cars was kick ass. There were multiple E.T and MPH records set this weekend. Here are some pictures of our travels this weekend. I know some of these are OT but all the cars there were just plain cool, and all the crews and people were just the same. Thanks Sam

2. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Sorry here are some pictures.

Attached Files:

3. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

some more

Attached Files:

4. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

More. Sam

Attached Files:

5. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Attached Files:

6. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Attached Files:

7. looks like a great time. thanks for the pics.

8. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

They had a nice little area in the middle of the pits reserved for hot rods and such and we squeezed in there. It was an awesome place for sitting and refueling between rounds. Sam

Attached Files:

9. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

The trip back home, loaded full of posters and t shirts. Thats All. Thanks Sam

Attached Files:

10. RAY With

RAY With

Thanks for posting. Got some really nice shots there and always like the trip pictures to and from the destination.

11. pinman 39

pinman 39

You shouda searched this area for HAMBERS .You missed a fun Cruiz
    at local drive in Burger Time . Firebirds track manager is a HAMBER also .Hope you had a good trip.

12. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

The people that run this track also put on the Boise Roadster Show. Great people and a great track.

13. Johnny99

Johnny99

Thanks for the pictures.I need to get to that race someday. Saw your truck at Hot-Rod-Arama, very nice, my 12 year old thought it was the baddest ride there. John

14. W Scott

W Scott

Sam,

Thanks for making the trip down to the Nightfire. It was very cool having you cruise your hot rods down for the event, plus the other pre-59 equipment that rolled in and parked in our pre-staging area. We're planning to expand hot rod parking at future Nightfire races, so more traditionally inspired rods `n customs can take advantage of prime parking within the Firebird pit area. If the March Meet has the grove, there's no reason why we can't establish a bitchin' area to cruise your hot rod to Firebird to take in our major Heritage Series stop. Hope you'll be able to join in on the fun again in August of 2011 when we host our 40th Anniversary Nationals.

All the best, Scott

15. mlagusis

mlagusis

We are moving to Waswhington in a couple of weeks and Firebird is one of the places I am going to miss the most. It's great living 15 minutes away from a cool drag strip.

Matt

16. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Thank You very much for the complement from both of you. Thanks Sam

17. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I just want to tell you that that was the best racing I have ever seen. All the nostalgia cars I have seen and read about in all the mags were right before me. I got a total nitro overload, and everybody was cool and nice and willing to chat. The hot rod parking area was cool being right in the middle of everything in the pits. Its the northern march meet of sorts. You guys put on a very top notch show. My dad said its improved from when he used to race his "Blown Hell" 33 willys. Thanks Sam Lytle

18. Great photos from the event. I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to met a fellow Washington H.A.M.B.er at the race. I drove down from Spokane to help crew on the Mert Littlefield '69 Camaro Funny Car owned by a family friend out of Southern California.

I completely agree with Sam it was some of the best racing I've seen in a while. I had a blast the entire weekend, the group at Firebird Raceway know how to put on a great show. Plus having the hot rods parking where it was at gave all of the crew members and racers a chance to check out some cool hot rods while waiting to run the cars. Sam, if you think you got your nitro fix, try standing in the pit, right next to the funny car when they fire it up for the first time on 100% nitro! It definitely cleared out my sinuses, and now I know why all the crew member usually wear a gas mask.

Here's a few photos I took from the event. Hope you don't mind me posting them on your thread.

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      229.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      136.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      211.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      165 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      207.6 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      257.2 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      289.6 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      276 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      340.1 KB
      Views:
    • 45.jpg
      45.jpg
      File size:
      330.9 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      158.9 KB
      Views:
    • 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      179.3 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      187.8 KB
      Views:
    • 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      246.6 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      187.5 KB
      Views:
  19. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Payne, I would of liked to of met one of thee inland emperors, you guys build some sweet cars thats for sure. I stopped a couple times to look and take pictures of the Mert Littlefield car, very cool as is all of the funny cars that were there. It was great running around the pits listening for all the nitro cars to fire up. You try to brace yourself for when the nitro kicks in but everytime you getted gassed and takes your breathe away and water starts pouring out your eyes. You cant help it and go on to the next fire up. The nitro cars are just incredible and so cool.

Post as many pics as you want, No problem. Thanks Sam

Can't wait for the reliability run to Vantage!