Register now to get rid of these ads!

Night Prowlers slow shipping??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodjim, Mar 5, 2009.

1. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

I just want to see if my issue is unique or common. On Feb 21st I ordered some parts from Night Prowlers. The guy on the phone checked inventory and they had the parts and he said they would ship that Mon Feb23rd. I waited and waited and called them today and they said they would ship them out today. I asked why the week and a half delay and he just said they would go out today. No explaination, no sorry, no nothing.
    I just was wondering if any of you had the same trouble with these guys. If its an isolated instance, then OK, but if its a common occurance then I may need to think twice before ordering from them again

2. I had two orders from them, and both times they were slow. Not wtf? slow, but a lot slower than other companies like Speedway. Shipping to New Zealand usually takes 5 to 8 days (a plane can fly LAX to Auckland in 12 hours - go figure) but Night Prowlers orders both took around 14 - 15 days. Mebbe they came by rowboat... LOL!

3. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Remember that Night Prowlers is not a big company. Just a couple of guys I think. Be patient, they are good people. I see them a lot at shows as they are more or less local.

Kinda funny comparing them to Speedway Motors.

John

4. fat141

fat141

Gary and Ralph are both good hardworking blokes. Good prices good value. Shipping to Aus takes 8-10 days. Somethings come in 5 some in 15.( I can drive from my town to Sydney in 5 hrs, but postage take 2-3 days.Go figure) What do you blokes order that it is imperative for it to arrive ASAP? Not many on here will rubbish Nightprowlers:)

5. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

I've always had good luck with them. They were really nice guys to me. They are a small company in a tiny little town in Missouri, so they don't have the computer assisted monster warehouse like Speedway or some of the others. It's kind of like getting a haircut by an old-school barber. It may not be as fast as the chain shops or as cheap, but it's worth it in the long run. Be patient and keep in contact with them. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

6. pecker head

pecker head

I have been trading with them for atleast ten years, always fast delivery, 2 days shipping in Texas.

7. Ron

Ron

A kid used my garage and tools and I helped him do his first car(65 Linc). He ordered and bellflower tips from Nightprowlers. After close to a month and a couple calls later he ordered them elsewhere and had them in three days. He called Nightprowlers to cancel the order and got no sorry for the delay instead they just hung up on him.

8. topdeadcenter

topdeadcenter

I have ordered several things from Night Prowlers and have gotten them in a reasonable amount of time. And they are good to shoot the bull with when you call in your order. Just my .02

9. keeffer

keeffer

the worse was when i ordered flathead chrome and it came late but still in the speedway motors boxes

10. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Most complaints you hear or read about(here or elsewhere) usually concern customer service or communication grief.
    It's never about pricing,but the lack of concern or plain respect for the customer?
    Why don't companies that are fighting to stay afloat address this problem?
    The eternal question....

11. williebill

williebill

Didn't I read on the HAMB a while back that one of the Night Prowlers guys had major health issues? Anybody know? Maybe that's part of the problem.

12. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I've bought a lot of stuff from them and have had the chance to talk with Gary at several shows. Great guys and have never had a problem. Gary

13. rixrex

rixrex

Never had a problem here...

14. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i wished ryan would not allow vendor bashing for these pissy complaints. good people sometimes has bad things happen.i built a split manifold for a guy and he bashed me on here for it being 11 days from payment to ship...hell.i had to build the damn thing first.
    nightprowlers are good people and have good stuff,they get it at the same place others get it.sometimes it's drop shipped from other places like speedway because they are out at the time.who cares what box it was in.
    quit bashing good folks because you are an impatient person...life goes on.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't bought from them but have bought from similar small outfits that seem to only ship one day a week or all too often have to order parts in to be able to ship them out.

Then yesterday I got the opposite when I ordered a 5.00 Chrome carb linkage bracket from a shop and got an email back an hour later that it was boxed up and going out in the mail that day.

I do have to side with Hotrod-Likin in that if you order custom made pieces from someone you have to understand that you have to wait for them to be made or modified. Plus it may not be number one in line to be done. We all have to respect the concept of first in first out when having work done.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  16. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

Sorry Linkin but I dont read any bashing here. My only complaint was that they told me one thing and did another and I wanted to find out if it was an isolated incident or not. I can see by the replies that these guys seem overall to do a good job and are well liked. Thats what I wanted to know for future orders since I had no experience with them. How else can we find out anything unless we discuss it.
    I will stick my neck out and say this about customer service. In a shrinking economic market all we have to offer our customers over the competition is service. The products my company sells have stiff competition, but we enjoy a 70%+ market share here in SoCal because of the pre-sale and post-sale service we provide our customers, which includes ontime delivery and notification if that cannot happen. Customer service costs very little to give but the return is immeasurable
    So bottom line for me is I will do business with them again based on the high endorsements they recieved here. Had I not asked the question I may not have ordered from them again

17. If you care to read my post again, you'll find in no way did I bash Night Prowlers, I merely stated their shipping takes twice as long as Speedway to get to NZ, which is a proven fact, not an opinion. Sheeesh......

18. fat141

fat141

Also read somewhere Gary was inducted in to a custom car hall of fame.
    Dont remember where I saw it but in the last month. I also think he plays a part in STRAY KAT 500. :cool:

19. fat141

fat141

QUOTE=rockabillybassman;2970545]Yep, I've had good service from Gary, and I'm on the other side of the Pacific! In fact, I just got some beauty rings from him, they arrived in four days (normally takes 6-7 to New Zealand) and they were top quality.[/QUOTE]

How times have changed:confused:

20. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Gary and hid wife are good people! Yes I read on here a while back that Gary had (i think ) a heart attack. Come on guys be a little more patient. After all your car is old it can wait a little longer for parts. We live in a fast pace world now and expect high speed everything, chill out guys. We are lucky to have them in business.

21. 41 mopar

41 mopar

Gary and Ralph are good people, Ive seen them go out of there way with customers, I would deal with them in heartbeat. They have been going to the Stray Cats events since theyy have started. Gary runs his business out at his house in a shop bout the size of a average garage. I give thumbs up ! my 2 cents

22. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

Just a follow up. Since I started this thread I feel I should tell you how everything turned out. Yes my first order was late, but because of the positive reviews the company and Gary recieved on this board, I decided to do business with him again. I called Gary on a Sat morning and ordered Ford tail lights and Merc headlight rings. He said they would ship the following Monday. And they did. I recieved them on Thurs and the tail lights were incorrect. My invoice had the part number I ordered and I was billed correctly, it's just that the wrong lights were pulled.
    I called Gary on Friday. He was very appologetic and agreed to get the correct lights out that day. I also told him that I had ordered the wrong franching cans and needed to exchange them for deeper ones. He said send them back with the tail lights and he would take care of it
    The cool part is that Gary didnt say "when I recieve the wrong parts I will send the new ones" No, rather he said that he would ship out what I needed that day and asked me to ship the incorrect ones back
    So I say 2 thumbsup for Gary and his company. They came through when I needed them and I will spend many more dollars there
    Great Job Gary and thanks
    Jim

23. Gary and Ralph are good people. His business is at his home in a small shop. Has always been a small business and does a lot for the hot rodder.
    Later,
    Dick

24. I have bought parts from them on ocasion and have been very happy. I think the orders averaged about a week from order to delivery. I like supporting the small guy. Prices are good. I would recomend using them.