Register now to get rid of these ads!

nifty cowl/accessory lights with jewels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskoolflyer13, Jul 9, 2011.

1. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

So I met this older gentleman here in NC a while back with a ton of parts, previous visits have turned pretty good finds. Today, I came across these supposedly rare accessory lights. Im looking for some info, like who made them, what they most likely went on, and if $60 was too much for the pair.

Attached Files:

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

those are 1920's studebaker lights... I've had several pair.... The pairs I've had, had one red and one green jewel.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

4. rschilp

rschilp

Look like boat lights with the different colored lenses on each side.

Very cool though. I'd run them on my cowl or even on my headlights as turnsignals.

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

6. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

I think their kinda nifty, not just the average cowl light with "milk glass", and Ive always like how the sun turns the lenses purple over time. I cant see them on my '29, probably put them in my little display collection on my "man wall".

Was $60 a good or fair price on them?

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

The price is about the middle of the road... I've sold them for over $200 but they were in pretty nice shape. Don't see em very often!!