Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nice to Meet You [New Kid Justifies Impulsive Choice]

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NewKid, Sep 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. NewKid

NewKid

Hello everyone, My name is Shine Adams [aka New Kid], and I live in Lawrence, Kansas. I am a complete beginner. I [probably wisely] put off buying a classic car project until today.

Over the past few years, I have been able to satisfy a lot of my curiosity about old cars by creeping around the build threads on this site. I have taken a real interest in the Shoebox Ford, as they seem to be relatively affordable, and their manner of style and construction is appealing on a level I can't quite explain. You guys make it look so fun, I finally bought a '50 Shoebox. It runs and drives, and I plan no major changes, just restoration.

I will probably be asking a ton of questions over the next while, as I slowly work at restoring this car. I love the flathead six, and I would like to try some different manifolds and carbs on it. I have a VERY elementary understanding of the mechanics involved with this project, and I look forward to learning as much more as I can. As with other boards, I will be sure to use the search function before starting any new threads about topics that have probably already been covered. That said, I apologize in advance for any questions posed on the wrong thread, as I am still learning my way around here, and I thank you in advance for your help navigating to the right place. [Shout out out to cactus 1 for pointing me to this thread to introduce myself]

Thank you!

*S

2. Hey Shine (@NewKid) welcome aboard! Be sure to post some pics when you get the shoebox procured!

Cheers!
    Mike