Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nice car perhaps but

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Darwin, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Darwin

Darwin

2. burger

burger

Aside from pointing out that fibreglass body has no rust, where did he go wrong?

3. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

1934 Model A??? American Racing in the front and BF Goodrich on the back??

4. Machinos

Machinos

1934 model A? [​IMG]

5. InPrimer

InPrimer

A '34 Ford is actually a Model 40 not an "A"

6. burger

burger

Oh man... I was looking so hard for details that I missed the obvious [​IMG]

7. spudshaft

spudshaft

Ditch the wheels/tires and the trendy interior crap and it would look good. 1934 Model A's are very rare too.

8. McGrath

McGrath

You notice he doesn't mention Model A in the actual description? He put it in the Title so people doing an ebay search for either '34's or Model A's would both see his auction.

9. trey

trey

actually the top center picture says .....

10. hatch

hatch
    from house

How can it even RUN????....I don't see a carburetor.

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Leopardi rhymes with jeopardy.

12. hatch

hatch
    from house

I'll take "ripoff used car dealers looking for ignorant gold chainers" for $500

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

And the question is: Would you really buy a "used hot rod" from someone that puts his own dealer logo in the lower rite hand corner of the body???
    R-

14. Hey, at least the interior isn't tan!

15. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

From looking at the backgrounds shots.........he sells HIGH END automobiles.

The 34 is not me but seems to be a fairly decent tupperware type of rod. It would draw a good crowd at the cruise night in my town.

And he is computer smart........nice ad and plenty of photos. This is NOT his first Rodeo..

[​IMG]

16. DrJ

DrJ

Answer.
    Chainer's don't know what Model 40 means...They would think it was a 1940.

I'm surprised the title of the ad didn't say "1934 Ford Model T Model A Deuce Street Rod Hot Rod Rat Rod. Collector Car Antique Car and Sports Car. "
    That is the way guys title ads if they want to pick up on all the keyword searches isnt it?

As for the car... I think it is a really nice looking Tupperwear "Street Rod" at so far an unbelievably low price and doesn't belong on or deserve to be denigrated on this "traditional rods only" board.

I bet the sales manager mumbled to the secretary who knows every model of Corvette, Ferarri, and Lambo ever built judging from the floor stock that he wanted an ad run on the Ford and didn't give her(?) a proper description list to write about it, or gave her just his notes of an ad, ergo, the wheel tire descriptions.

17. donkiepuncher

donkiepuncher

wtf is a gold chainer? why are you guys so judgemental and anxious to rip on nicely done cars just because the builder chose a different route then you woulda taken and maybe, gasppp, spent money on a car?

18. CornBinder

CornBinder

the car is o.k., but I really like the carpet it sits on, think it has ever been driven?

19. donkiepuncher

donkiepuncher

or maybe i should just ask?

20. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    wtf is a gold chainer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was an adult in the 70s
    Wore polyester leisure suits and a gaudy gold chain with either his astrological sign or a rams horn on it in the 70s
    Was divorced in '73 but still "dates" his ex on occasion because neither one has been able to "hook up' with anyone else since then.
    Lives in a converted garage but always drives a "flashy chick magnet car"
    Still wears a gold chain but its smaller because he pawned the heavy one to pay off his divorce lawyer, and still hasn't recuperated the loss.
    Would still wear the polyester suit but the pants are a #32 and he barely zips a #44 these days.
    Would buy this '34 Ford in a flash because they offer easy payments!

21. donkiepuncher

donkiepuncher

thanks for the low down, sounds like you got the type nailed, my question is, is there really enough of these "goldchainers" around that they deserve their own category? and if so, why do you guys all hate them with such a passion? what do you care what other people do with their money, or lack there of.

dp

22. RC

RC

DrJ

That was the best Gold Chainer description I have seen yet! [​IMG]

The gold chain I had in the 70's turned my neck green! [​IMG]

23. Meester P

Meester P

DP
    Wait till you are trawling egay looking for that one part you need to finish your ride. It's worth say $100.00 tops and you bid on it eveen though it's gonna clean out the ole piggy bank, but you GOTTA have it to FINISH your ride.
    Then GULP along comes a GOLD CHAINER and out bids you, not cos he wants it to finish his car(Cos Boyyd is gonna make a billet one anyway)no he thinks it will look cool hanging on his air conditioned/centrally heated garage wall where he can point it out to his buddies while they sip there glass of wine and admire his $1000.000 ride.
    get it yet??????
    john.

24. BLAKE

BLAKE

DONKIE - folks on this board shred on gold chainers for lotsa reasons, some of which have already been covered. The point I'd like to make is that this is a forum exclusively for discussing tradional rods and customs. Folks gather here specifically because they have an afinity for the tradional style in common, and this usually implies a dislike of (in indifference towards) billetized, dime-a-dozen, store-bought, plastic cars.

Visit some of the other forums (or even events) and you'll hear plenty of folks slamming the traditional style... or maybe 'death rods'.

An open mind is still a good thing... it's just not mandatory.

25. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    thanks for the low down, sounds like you got the type nailed, my question is, is there really enough of these "goldchainers" around that they deserve their own category? and if so, why do you guys all hate them with such a passion? what do you care what other people do with their money, or lack there of.

dp

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate them, don't even dislike them.
    In fact I have good friends who happen to fit the discription, but that doesn't mean they aren't fun to kid about!
    After all there's so much fun material to work with!
    I didn't even bother pawning my gold chain..
    I just sold it outright!
    And the $40 JC Penney's Brown leisure suit got worn once. in fact te jacket got worn about an hour and then it all went in the goodwill bag. can't stand that "wrapped in a hefty bag" feel of plastic clothes.

26. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

donkiepuncher-

Why are YOU on this board?
    Go spread your
    "can't we all just get along" hippy crap
    somewhere else...
    (unless it's "hippy crap" coming from PURPLE, I don't care to hear it)

You opened your mouth,
    It's obvious you don't belong here

27. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> For perfect Zen you must be one with your hot rod. A Goldchainer can not achieved this platue of perfect divinity for the simple fact they do not emerse themselves in the love of cars. Cars are just superficial objects to show their personal monetary value. Which of course lessens with age, and the fads the car adheared to becomes outdated by the next 'chainer. [​IMG]

Am I showin my longhair roots? [​IMG] </font>

Attached Files:

28. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

Where's that Sitar music coming from???

29. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="purple"> For perfect Zen you must be one with your hot rod. A Goldchainer can not achieved this platue of perfect divinity for the simple fact they do not emerse themselves in the love of cars. Cars are just superficial objects to show their personal monetary value. Which of course lessens with age, and the fads the car adheared to becomes outdated by the next 'chainer. [​IMG]

Am I showin my longhair roots? [​IMG] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The above to be recited over the music track of "The Gift" from White light white heat, the Black Album by The Velvet Underground.... [​IMG]

30. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

That's some funny smellin' potpourri you guys are burnin' there.... [​IMG]