Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Jen1978

Jen1978
    from NC

Hi Jim....I am one of Joe Kilby's daughters....I am so excited and appreciative that you are taking on this project that means so much to our family. I have all of his 35mm slides...I will be going through them and hopefully I can find something.
    I will be in touch, again thank you...I only wish he could be here to experience his 'youthful years' again!
    -Jen Alligood

2. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

Just an FYI when I sent my York paperwork in for 2014 it was the second day that registrations were being taken. My paperwork came back at # 103. It would appear the show IS going to fill up quick. Last year I was much later( forgot) and was #127 when my paperwork came back. If you're taking your car, you may want to sign up ........

3. 12gauge

12gauge

I just read this entire thread.... Joined the site today. I am not one to join sites, but this thread, hell, just the first couple of pages made me join. Great thread...Great content and great people sharing. Thank you all!!!

4. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

12 gauge, there's all good reading here!! I learned more from here from these guys on Junior Stocks than I did on all the magazines I collected for years. Also , theres a great book on Amazon( or wherever) on Junior Stocks by Doug Boyce, he really did his homework on the book. If you have Facebook, you may want to look at " Junior Stock Memories" as well. I read this thread from the first week or so and have been following and reading on these cars, that era, the guys ever since. Glad you're with us.....

5. Don Kirkland

Don Kirkland

The Carrot Cart is back. On the way back to KS from AL to begin restoration. Finally able to open eyes, wife learning to tow trailer. Will post photos soon.

6. 12gauge

12gauge

Hydro,

Thank you for the tip, and yes, i am hooked. Certainly going to pick up the book! Thank you!

7. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

Don, my wife won't even ride in the truck let alone tow the trailer!! In fact, she won't ride in the Delivery either.....maybe it's me.......

8. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

Don, now that the Carrot Cart is home the true work begins!! We have several Junior Stock cars signed up with more coming in daily for York and commitments for the Meeting and show from some of the guys from the day who no longer have their cars but never lost their edge. Some of these guys are long hauling too just to be a part of it. So far it looks like the Tri Fives are showing their numbers. If you have a Stocker , any Stocker, from the era whether real deal or tribute car, all are welcome. We'll be putting the call out frequently as
    we roll into winter so were ready to go come the York meet . Please be a part of this for 2014. York 2013 made Super Chevy magazine so it's not some little blip on the show car
    scene. People took notice so we can only go on from here. No politicians who have stifled the Nation are invited. Everyone else, let's hit it!!! Thanks....

9. Don Kirkland

Don Kirkland

I sent my form in the next day after getting back to KS.

10. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

Don, thanks for the heads up. We look forward to seeing you at York and Beaver Springs. Can't wait to meet you and see the car.......

Others???

11. Don Kirkland

Don Kirkland

The odyssey begins. Back on the ground and seeing the light of day for the first time in 20 years. On the road back to Kansas. IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

IMG_6040.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

12. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

Don, cool shots. When Ken and Jack Gunning loaded theirs on the trailer last year, it probably had the same " rush" that you got looking at it in the rear view mirror driving home. Thanks for the pics, keep 'me coming!!!
    Nine months until York.......you'll make it....

13. JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

14. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

Ken, I was in the hall when you and Jack came in with the car. I assure you many people stopped what they were doing to see the hardtop coming in. The sound of that car was very unique. I also watched all weekend how many people came to get another look at it after all these years. If you and Don are parked together with the rest of the Stockers ALREADY SIGNED UP it should make for quite the afternoon.....

Not sure if the "Plum Loco" car is signed up yet but hope you or someone who knows you is reading this thread......and reminds you soon to sign up....

DelMarva guys, are you guys monitoring this ?? There was a ton of you there last year, we are counting on you to attend the meeting because there was a whole lot of Alex Jarrell conversation and Hydro talk last year that'll be greatly appreciated in the meeting or on the floor. Thanks guys

15. Don Kirkland

Don Kirkland

Ken thanks for the encouragement and it would be an honor to park next to your car next year. I plan to focus on the underside, suspension and a fresh coat of paint and lettering. The interior may have to stay the " fashionable for the day" vintage ratty. Am going to need a lot of odds and ends and will post as soon as I can put together a list. I scavenged some parts for later S/S cars and also got married in 1972 so had to sell some for needed money.

I also look forward to sharing and hearing all of the old racing tales from back in the day.

On another note, does anyone remember the poem that RHS had put in ND about Jimmy Waibel. It began " There once was a man named Waibel" and ended " He can't smother us, cause he ain't able". I can't remember the rest of it. Obviously this was a dig at the Smothers Brothers Olds. There was also more to this feud that I can share later. Division 2 "Buster's Rebels" was an interesting division back in the day.

16. Hope you don't re-paint the Carrot Cart, that looks killer the way it is!! Just get it running and leave it alone! Cool car,
    -Dean

17. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

In the event that any "Government agencies " that might be monitoring this thread , e mails, and monitoring phone calls could you please let any former Junior Stock racers you know that we will be having the 2014 York Junior Stock Woodstock in July at the Expo center?
    Thank you in advance......

18. loudbang

loudbang

19. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

The F.S.A. errr...uhhh.....we appreciate the info.

20. KickinAsphalt

KickinAsphalt
    from Pa

Well so far so good! The 265 seems like a good deal! PUMPED!

21. wjesel

wjesel
    from NC

Can Someone help me find a 55-57 GMC Flat pan Hydro Matic transmission and bellhousing. Please email me at [email protected] Thank you.
    Wayne

22. 65deluxe

65deluxe

BTT for a good cause^^^^

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  23. KickinAsphalt

KickinAsphalt
    from Pa

If I find 2 i'll let you know

24. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Very KOOL thread. Keepin comin....JT

25. 5w32

5w32

i have a B & M aluminum bellhousing for a flat pan and an NOS Hurst shifter in the box.
    maybe its time to let them go.....

26. KickinAsphalt

KickinAsphalt
    from Pa

Cool!

27. wjesel

wjesel
    from NC

I would like the Hurst Hydro Gate shifter if it's for sale

28. KickinAsphalt

KickinAsphalt
    from Pa

as would I was waiting for a hint of a price

29. 5w32

5w32

pm sent, i am taking serious offers on it , i paid an outrageous amount for it years ago....

30. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Just seen this on another site, keep a eye out for this car guys. Ron

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013