Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods nhra cancelles all chassis certs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Mar 19, 2020.

1. nhra announced all chassis certifications are on hold for two weeks. they will re evaluate after that. I received this info from my division inspector this morning. I had a chassis upgrade planned for Saturday. this most likely wont impact that many on the hamb but we do have some racers that are on here. when they start inspections again it will be harder to get a spot. plan ahead.

HunterYJ likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

Bummer.

But I expect it's gonna be a while till we race again, anyways. Tucson Dragway just posted that they are suspending all racing.

3. A Boner

A Boner

Seems like more of an end of season decision, for them, as opposed to now. Wow!

4. badvolvo

badvolvo

Well that's a bummer, but not needed where I think we are going to end up racing this year.

5. When racing resumes it will be interesting to see what happens to the hospital staff that races. All elective cases are on hold at our facility. Only emergency cases or urgent cases are being performed. The loss of revenue will be staggering. When hospitals return to normal the back log of cases will have to be dealt with. Hospitals might cancel all vacations to try and make up for the lost revenue.

6. The good news is my street is still open. Testing can resume at any time.

7. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Looks like a good time to break out the old slot car race track in the basement...………………….

raven and racer-x like this.
  8. or hot wheels. I just need to pic up a pack of d-cell batteries for the super chargers.

raven and brigrat like this.
  9. raven

raven

What about the Hamb drags?
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Bummer. Mine's due for renewal this year. Maybe they'll have a grace period for those of us with expired certs. That's assuming my local track will still have a program this summer.

11. chucky1 and raven like this.
  12. chucky1

chucky1

George Rays has gotten a test session and 1 race in this year. Tyler announced yesterday that he is following the governors orders of no more than 10 people in an area and the track will be closed for the next 2 weeks.

13. look, lets all be safe, and stay in our own shops till this thing is over! its real! people are dying...