Register now to get rid of these ads!

NEXT WEEK: Tech week on the HAMB!!! (NO OT POSTS!!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 6, 2003.

1. [ QUOTE ]
    Maybe this is a chance for us to finally get a cowl steering info post into Tech-o-matic.

JH

[/ QUOTE ]

you were reading my mind!!! Especially that one that used the Mopar box, hint hint! [​IMG]

Jay

2. quickrod

quickrod

what's oneLOADdelivery gonna do for a week? ryan way kool idea can't wait.....hey nads, can you elaborate alittle more on what you did'nt like about duplicolor's primer?the reason i ask is my cousin works for them in there automotive reaserch and devlelopment department,and has a big hand in developing paint products for car related applications.let me know,i know he would like to hear what you say.he stops over all the time with new stuff looking for opinons,so get back to me soon....quickrod

3. THANK YOU JESUS! oh, and you too ryan. next weeks gonna be great, can't wait. maybe someone could do somthing on hammer welding? and/or welding sheet metal with a torch?

4. I'll put up a California Hot Rodder or a <font color="pink"> Pinky </font> book - your choice - for first place.

5. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

Maybe now SOWHAT will post pics of S10 frame swap. I have the frame and my cab is pretty much done. I'd sure like to learn some tips and tricks about the swap. Lots of other guys wanted a how to on this too.

6. av8

av8

Yeah, there are folks lined up for miles wanting to know how to do that very traditional S-10 chassis swap . . . [​IMG]

7. ray

ray
    from colorado

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, there are folks lined up for miles wanting to know how to do that very traditional S-10 chassis swap . . . [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i'm about to do one too! cept mines gonna be 4wd. same differance. but still close to the ground [​IMG]

8. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

And next we can learn how to put a drop axel in a s-10 chassis.

9. [ QUOTE ]
    how to put a drop axel in a s-10 chassis.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Lil' John Buttera put a dropped tube axle under a full size Blazer,probably early '80s.
    Why do I remember that?

10. but what if my turtle dies and my freinds neighbors second cousin has the clap and is going to attend the turlock swap in her motorhome with a nitrous tank and keg with the gloved one hidden in a secret compartment so he can watch ??? how will i tell everyone ???? Just kidding sounds like I can learn something I like that alot !!!!

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

With all the info that will be coming my way,
    How do you expect me to get any work done?

12. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I've never come across vehicle Tech that I couldn't learn from. Aircraft, Submarines, trains, tractors....you name it and you can learn a new trick from it. BRING IT ON!

Bill

13. oddrod

oddrod

what's a tech? is it something i have to wear to school and have people make fun of me for? oh well i guess if i really want to be a hamber i'll do it! look at me ma' i'm a hamber, hey what are you laughin at pencil neck! here we go.

14. Chuck R

Chuck R

Thank You.
    Some of the posts recently sounded like a Fucking History Debate.
    sorry for my outburst.
    chuck

15. topdeadcenter

topdeadcenter

aye aye captain!

TDC

16. abomber30

abomber30
    from syc, ILL

hahahaha finally we might have a message board about hot rod related stuff. Not what kind of panties we are wearing tonite hahaha. Thats why I put my scott la rock post up. cause it is way off topic so none of you even look but there is some actuall work being done check it. Cowl steering post would be awesome so I can figure that shit out.

17. Rocket88

Rocket88

This sounds cool!
    I'm sure Mart will have a few gems for us.

18. Germ

Germ

I need to know the traditional WAY, a HARDCORE RAT RODDER CHOPS a HOT ROD, when he has no welder, and his IRISH neighbor is out of DUCT TAPE... Also need some POINTERS on POSITIVE ways to CULTIVATE the GREASERS mind, By EBAYING to JAPAN////////////???

Or by PIN STRIPING FAMOUS ENGANGERED TREES.........
    I think when the DREAM RUNS out to the SOBRIETY of MODERN SOCIETY
    He calls in the PRO'S for a PHOTO SHOP?

Looking forward to a week of nothing but CHEESE GRADERS, S-10 bullshit, false robberies, 4-doors,,,, and the FAVORITE "WHO CAN DRILL THE MOST HOLES in HIS SHIT BOX" contest...................

Can someone run that TECH ARTICLE on ROLLING a GREEN JOINT in the SHITBOX while on the freeway in SO_CAL, in a CAR MINUS the WINDOWS.....

Maybe thats when the BIG rockerbilly broad climbs out on the cowl to create a cork in the windshield,,,,,,

LOOKING forward to NEXT week,,,,,
    Maybe VON DUTCH can come?

I need to READ the FORCED AIR FLOW POST somemore...

GERM
    Bye

19. [ QUOTE ]
    And next we can learn how to put a drop axel in a s-10 chassis.

[/ QUOTE ]

or on the front of a '73 Datsun 620 frame that once cleared of the ugly cab and bed mounts, and the ugly IFS and rear spring mounts, and then fitted with more appropriate hairpin/radius rods looks remotely kinda sorta almost like some kinda '30s car frame....

vintage mercedes or rolls grilles on rods...

hop-up tech for lincoln V-12's and Cadillac V-16's...

I may not have much to submit, I may be able to answer a paint/bodywork question or two, but I am lookin forward to learnin a lil bit from the TECH WEEK....

great idea, Ryan...

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I would love to see a tech on doing a 49-54 chevy car hood, welding up a peak so there is no trim.. I have heard that you use a rod and tack it on taking time to alternamte locations. Anyone have any pics or details, would love to see it..

21. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll put up a California Hot Rodder or a <font color="pink"> Pinky </font> book - your choice - for first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean for second place?
    First place it'll most likely just stay on your own library shelf! [​IMG]

22. Germ....is it OK to do the S-10 frame swap tech if I grease my hair (I'll have to grow some first) and cuff my jeans? [​IMG]
    Clark

23. fordiac

fordiac
    from Medina, Oh

GERM,
    that should be "orcabetty" not Big rockerbilly.

i thought they cleared that up last year

24. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

25. Hey Denise,

How about a tech article on choclate chip cookies? How to add macadamia nuts.........

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If I posted instructions on how to make them then you guys would all be in the kitchen baking and not in the garage. [​IMG]
    I'll make sure I've got a fresh batch in Big Olds the next time we run into each other. [​IMG]