Register now to get rid of these ads!

next to the barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by freeze plug, Oct 11, 2010.

1. 37RAT

37RAT
    from Wisconsin

Some people have all the fun, don't they!

2. shoebox50

shoebox50

3. olskool34

olskool34

Nice job, looks kinda like mine when I found her. Chris's coupe also comes to mind. Youngrodder29's also. I am so pumped that in the last couple of years, some really nice oroginal model a coupes are starting to come out of the woodwork, keep her paint!!! Please!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  4. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Nice find, not too far from me. Hope to see you and the coupe around!:D

5. hasty

hasty

Nice find. A bit tall at the moment....

6. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

I am going to get pictures up tonight, this thing is amazing! still has all original wood (not rotted), the only significant piece missing is the driver's side headlamp. fiddled a bit with my dad and got the engine unstuck by lubing the cylinders and rocking back and forth. all 4 wheels rolled as we dragged it out, though the tires shredded off of the wheels.

I can't put in words my excitement!!!!!!

7. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

oh and I also got the last registration from 1961, along with the 1961 title. It says that the previous owner bought the car in 1954

8. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

looks worse in the pictures than it really is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cracking homebrew roof insert:

[​IMG]

but the original bows and interior wood are still decent and in place. headliner has seen better days....

[​IMG]

the rest of the interior has "aged" as well

[​IMG]

pretty solid trunk and quarters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks a bit crusty, but i bet it will run with a little work. the serial number actually matches the title, so it really is the original engine to the car

[​IMG]

i have this set aside also, not sure if i wanna go that route with this car, may save it for something else down the road

[​IMG]

thats all for now folks!

9. skoh73

skoh73

What a beauty! Does the previous owner have any idea what happened to the missing headlight? Maybe laying around the property somewhere? Keep posting updates here, can't wait to see what you do with it!

10. Spooky

Spooky

11. BEAR

BEAR

lucky ass...

12. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

Dam thats awesome!! It would be so cool if you just threw some new tires on it and drove it just like that.

13. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

14. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

WOW! Incredable find. Congrats. Perley

15. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

awesome ....can you say .....thank you pops . AND MOW HIS LAWN FOR A YEAR .
    love is all around.

16. Very nice score! A virgin barn find.....that's the stuff dreams are made of. A little fix a flat should get her on the road in no time. Congrats dude!

17. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

That is an awesome find, especially for us Nothern guys. And, what's best is, it's complete. Doors, trunk lid, etc. It took me a long time to find a passenger side door for my coupe (that I could afford) that actually had metal left in it. :|

Great deal!! Good luck with the build.
    Model A flathead coupes are the best. :D
    Pete

18. darkk

darkk

I live in Ct also. How come I never find stuff like that? Nice find...

19. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

I REALLY lucked out on this one....i must have done something right for this to have fallen as neatly into my lap as it did. The doors open and close without a creak and no sagging, the clutch is free as are the brakes, so I'm thinking just get it running and stopping and replace the tires (possible wheels also, my pops has a pair of 17" wires he isnt going to use so I would need to find another pair). I also have the option to run wide 5's since I also have that complete setup too.

for now I think itll be a reverse eye spring and mildly dropped 33 axle that I have, drop the rear a tad to match, and not do much else. My pops really wants me to take off the fenders and leave it as a pre-war looking highboy, but i'm just not sure if I have the guts to start dismembering this thing. It lasted 80 years without being messed up, i dont know that I am the one to start messing with it too much....

input?

20. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

She wasn't sure what happened to it, but I didn't see it anywhere. It was her late husband's car, so she wasn't too knowledgable. She knew what the stuff was, but not much else. She was, however, REALLY excited and glad that it went to me, she could tell that it would be in good hands and that I will treat the car the way that it deserves to be treated. She flat out told me that many other people tried to buy it but she refused them until my father and I came along

21. skoh73

skoh73

Good deal. It sounds like it went to the right person. I'm glad to hear that your are concerned with its history and hesitant to go tearing into it.

22. nice. if you need someone to haul away the old drivetrain let me know. good find

23. scotti32

scotti32

Awesome find. I found one very similar to this in LA California and bought it home. It is waiting in line for its turn.:)