Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newtech? Prostalgia? channeled 32 check it out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T McG, Nov 8, 2006.

1. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

This was built by Hot Rods & Horsepower using one of their steel 32s and their new frame. When I first saw it, I assumed it was an old build redone. After all, who would take a $22,000 body and channel it right? Well they did, and the look is killer. But, I'm sure there are a good portion of people who will hate it because of the engine. It is a 4.6 DOHC Ford complete with aftermarket fuel injection, serpentine belt system etc. They built it to sell, and I heard the price is $130,000, which I'm equally sure will also irritate a good portion of you. Like it or hate it, it does have a cool look.

[​IMG]

2. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

3. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

4. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

I like it, too much bling bling in the motor for me, but its not utterly tasteless, even the choice in motor doesnt bother me all that much.

5. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

I don't understand why they make steel bodies without hinges & with glued in windshields.... for that fiberglass look?? :confused:

6. diggers4life

diggers4life

Look, the p.o.s. is leaking oil already. They're really going all out for the traditional hot rod look!

7. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Your comment is truer than you think. This car and another that they built using Ford crate motors, are at a shop here in Phoenix both with siezed cams! This car sits today with the engine out and at a shop getting machine work done and rebuilt so they can have it at Scottsdale Good Guys. The other car will go back to Detroit ad have Ford figure out what is up with these engines. The coupe has less than ten miles on it, and the roadster has a few hundred!

8. Terry- I like that car myself...
    Is the rear on bags -so it can be driven?
    Ultra Nice workmanship......that latemodel drivetrain can be very tim consuming when you get em stripped dowm=n and clean like that one is....a lot has to be removed and or changed to get one to that point in..... asthetics:D .

9. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

I think its absolutely killer....
    Nice stance.....like the wheels and tires....steel body with the right mods....
    I like the motor too.....my daily driver has a DOHC 4.6 (Lincoln Mark VIII) so i'm kinda a sucker for the twin overhead cam shit....would love to hear one with zoomies at top end.....

People can say what they want....but if i had the money....i'd drive the shit out of it....

10. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Hey Kenny good to hear from you. To be honest, I didn't bend over to even look under it. I guess I'll have to do that tomorrow just to see. They drove the car in, and I can tell you this, it's very cool in motion, and even though the engine was sour, it still sounded good with the zoomies. The workmanship is top shelf as is the paint which is a dark brown. I think they really nailed the style overall.

11. At least they retained the classic big N little s from the TRAD bible.....
    I know what you mean with the new body and the mods...I am supposed to be getting a 3 W in, that is one of the new Brookville as a job...he wants it chopped.