Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newport, Ky Car Show & Swap Meet. Aug. 23rd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rebstew187, Aug 10, 2009.

1. rebstew187

rebstew187

[​IMG]
    The Scroungers CC Presents
    Newport Car Show & Swap Meet
    Aug 23, 2009
    Noon ~ 5 p.m.
    Gate is @ 10th & Monmouth
    Registration 10 bucks. price lowered from last year!
    Dash Plaques to the first 50
    LOTS of trophies
    50 bucks for the long haul award.
    Misting tent and free bottled water in case it's hot.
    Swap meet for your hot rod needs and store fronts will be having a sidewalk sale
    Newport has worked hard to rehab this old part of town
    It is a great backdrop for a car show
    All the mom & pop stores will be open
    Any kind of food you can think of
    Watering holes will also be open for a cold one
    DJ and live feed on WGRR
    STOP OUT AND SEE US!!

2. rebstew187

rebstew187

I just heard from a few pin stripers and lettering guys. We will have stripers at the show. If you want any One Shot layed out figure out what ya want.

3. 6-71Kid

6-71Kid

This was a Blast last year and this year it should be bigger and funner. If your any where near you should try and make it.

4. rebstew187

rebstew187

We are taking from 10th and Monmouth all the way down and all the side streets from Saratoga to York. Pretty big show. Plus we have all the parking lots.
    Last year we had a problem with visiters parking. There was none. I got Thriftways old parking lot, National Band & Tag and the parking lot on 10th and Saratoga for visitor parking and it's free to park. So if you want to show your ride, stop in. If you want to look then there is free parking on York & Saratoga St.
    I keep hearing things like " I'm coming but I'm not entering. My car has a scratch in the paint.'' BIG WHOOP! The Scroungers CC is a builders club. 40 % of our cars have primer and there are only a few that I would consider show cars. All our stuff is driven. This is not a stuck up rich boy show. Bring your car, hang out and have fun. Registration is only 10 bucks. If you don't want to register then take the 10 buck and go eat at one of the many, mom and pop burger joints or whatever. If you don't register then we don't judge your car for trophies. You don't have to register. What we are looking for is numbers. The more the better. Come out and have some fun. I'll bet you will be back next year after you do it once.
    One rule. NO TRAILER QUEENS. Your car must be driven in. If you have your trailer queen coming you better take it off a few blocks before the gate because we won't let you in. This is for guys and gals that drive their cars. No matter what it is.
    The Newport Police Dept. is behind this show 100% so open header and less than street legal cars will get a blind eye on the day of the show. Now I'm not saying to do a huge burnout down the street because they will stop you, but as long as you don't do anything too stupid they will give you a pass...

5. rebstew187

rebstew187

Here is a picture from last years show. The city dumped this on us with hardly any time to put it on. We only had a little over a month last year to put the show together. We have been working hard this year and it should be a big one! This pic is only a couple of blocks and most of the show was to my back. There was alot of people. We are using Monmoth St. again this year plus 2 blocks on the east and west side of Monmouth all the way down. We are have space left for the swap meet area. 20 bucks a pop. You will have to call to reserve a space. 859 261 2592
    [​IMG]

6. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

bump for a good show.

7. John B

John B

I'll be there along with some other guys from our club. Really look forward to it, we had a blast last year.

8. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Us Falcon guys will be there!!!!

and some cool ol' cars....

[​IMG]

9. rebstew187

rebstew187

10. jbs10

jbs10
    from newport ky

11. rebstew187

rebstew187

TODAY!
    Don't miss it. Should be a great time!

12. rebstew187

rebstew187

I think we had a great show and it seems that the city is very happy with the turnout. We filled the streets and ran out of room. Down the main street, Monmouth and two block on both sides. 18 blocks totle. We had them stuff into every hole we could find. We ran out of room early! The gates were blocked off at 2:30 so if they didn't get there before that you were out of luck. Next year we have to have more room or we can't do it. It was nuts. It was a great turnout and the weather was perfect! Thanks again if you came and if you didn't, mark it on next years list of car shows. You will like it!
    There were 1 or 2 people that showed up. LOL 18 blocks of this!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]