Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Newport Hill Climb aka Oil Smoke Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slowforty, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

That belongs to our own MercDeuceMan. Its his avitar. Great car!

2. VonDust

VonDust

Yea, its my dad's car. Tom Culbertson built the car, then after Dad got it, he redone most of it and made it nicer. I did the paint and body on it almost three years ago.
    I was there at Newpot as well. I raced my '55 Desoto up the hill all weekend. Its in grey primer if anyone recognizes it. I would post a pic up, but don't have one. I got third place, been racing it there for the past five years. Its a blast!

3. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Beautiful piece. Like the use of the 55/56 olds dash and if I'm not mistaken the use of 1960 Buick fenders and headlight nacells as the basis for the radiator surround.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  5. MercDeuceMan,

Glad to hear you're on here too. I sure did enjoy your car. I hope my hastily taken pix do it justice. It was hard to even GET a picture with all the people around.
    A good friend and I stood and slobbered for a long time as we tried to decide where all the little bits and pieces came from. (sounds like we did pretty good) Well done! :)
    Later, Phil