Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newport car show 1961

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gene Rator, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Gene Rator

Gene Rator
    from sweden

I wonder if someone has pix or a programme from this show?

2. Can you be a little more specific? There are lots of Newports around the world.:rolleyes:

3. Gene Rator

Gene Rator
    from sweden

Sorry 'bout that. It's the one in USA. Looking for some pictures of a Ford pick-up that entered the show and won. Is this some help?

4. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Hi Gene,
    You may have to narrow that down some more, as there is more than one Newport in in the US. Most notably Newport Beach, CA and Newport, RI.

5. C'mon man, don't be a tease. At least give us a clue, like what state or West Coast vs. East Coast.:)

6. Gene Rator

Gene Rator
    from sweden

Well that information isn't clear, sorry. I've got a photo (scanned from a mag) showing the truck. I'm guessing here, but Newport on the west coast.

[​IMG]

It's a '46 Ford and it says (in the text) that it took home third price at Newport, that's all.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  7. 296ardun

296ardun

Hard to tell from the photo...California cars required a front license plate in '61 (I know, I got ticketed for not having one in '61)...doesn't look like the pickup has one, but hard to tell...of course, some guys took them off for a car show. ...maybe someone else recognizes the truck?