Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newest Member needs rusty Vintage Racer!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by crimsoncross, Dec 5, 2011.

1. crimsoncross

crimsoncross
    from California

Whats up fellow H.A.M.B. brothers I need to find a site where I can get Barn find vintage racecars..Project Cars HELP

2. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Nice introduction.

Hey, you guys that I don't know, where can I find some stuff to buy?

3. Not a very good start here on the H.A.M.B.! Please read the rules.

4. Although I'm still going to say welcome to the HAMB, because you did manage to find the Introduction page, and post, I'm also going to say that this was a pretty poor Introduction...
    None of us know anything about you, other than the fact that we're brothers, and that you're looking for a vintage racecar project. I'm sure you'd agree that the above sounds less like an introduction, and more like a question.

That being said, I don't like to be a dick, so I'll offer you a few pointers, since I went through the ropes on here not too long ago myself.
    - Let people know about you. The more we know, the more help you'll get. There isn't a lot of help offered to someone that no one knows.
    - Tell us what you're looking for. What year or time period? A dirt track? A dragster? A speedster?
    - What are your goals and plans for it? A museum? To restore and race again?

Finally, I'd suggest that there isn't really a website for barn find racecars... it's not exactly like barn finds are turning up every day. Most people find one the old fashioned way... they go out hunting for them. Track down rumours, make phone calls, peer in barns, go driving.

Best of luck in your hunt. I hope someone on here is able to give you a hand. We really are a good bunch!

(Apparently I type fairly slow and others beat me to it)

5. crimsoncross

crimsoncross
    from California

Hey my apologies to all..Im just anxious to get in the game. I just moved to Cali from New York City and i want to take advantage of the Vintage Car culture and make use of the open space to really drive. im looking to get a Dirt Track Sprint car from the 50s-60s. I just started the search. Put me on

6. 117harv

117harv

There you go...Welcome to the HAMB from Oregon.

7. Welcome again, from North of the Border. Nice to know a bit about ya! :p

There's a lot of prime stuff over in Cali, I'm sure the leads will start popping up.

8. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Welcome from Massachsetts. lol damn you took a rash of shit dude

9. khead47

khead47

what they said.......but welcome from mi.

10. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

11. k9racer

k9racer

That intro addition is a small bit better so now I will give you 2 places to look.. The first is that old stand by Hemmings Motor news.. The second is a publication from calif covering vintage races from around the world.. Vintage Oval Racing.. Both have many Race cars for sale in them... I hope this info helps you........