Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newest issue of Super Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fraz, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Anyone thumbed thru this? One with the bathtub Nash wagon on it and it spouting "505 TIPS" on the cover.

Stuffed amongst the advertisements for billet BS is a not half bad issue. Some of the tips are good, as in "now that I think of it that makes sense" type good; some are common sense. A useful inches to decimal equivalent conversion table is going to get copied and put in my car. Pretty decent cars in the issue. Restored factory-built Hemi Plymouth, the Nash wagon on the cover, and a couple cool sleds. There's a 51 Merc in there that'll blow your mind. Flattie powered too. Also a more badass, HAMB-styled Ford Shoebox. The pullout poster has the Merc on one side the shoebox is on the other side.

Just curious if anyone else has seen it.

2. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage

The shoebox is killer.

3. InPrimer

InPrimer

I bought it for the ideas, well worth the $5.00 price

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yeah that shoebox kicks ass..

5. 133

both the merc and the shoebox are kickass cars, but i like the shoebox more. i like the flames going the whole length of the car and it just looked cool.

6. Anderson

Anderson

I saw this mag at Wal Mart and found the Shoebox everyone is talkingabout. That car (at least the paint) looks almost identical to our very own Boom Boom's shoebox. I almost thought it was his car untill I came home and looked at some pictures I have of it. Either way, the poster of it somehow got stuck inside a Rod and Custom and left the store and is now on my wall.