Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Newer motors in 55 to ,59 Chrysler products

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardjeff, Nov 11, 2017.

1. gene-koning

gene-koning

That is a great plan. If you find a Mopar and want specific info, then we can probably help a lot more. My coupe has a modern drive train. I've built several of these cars, each has its own specific design perimeters, and it doesn't take long to get away from being HAMB friendly. My son and I have installed a modern Hemi in a 57 Dodge wagon using the original frame, so if you have the desire, anything can be put pretty much anywhere, but some is a lot easier then others. Gene

2. JonnyZ72

JonnyZ72

Check out the 1955-1956 Plymouth/Dodge thread on here. I put a 318/727 & 7 1/4 rear end & driveshaft form a 1983 5th Ave donor car, in a 56 Savoy. I also put the same drive train in my 47 De Soto but used the original rear axle.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Looks like I might be staying with what I am more familiar with but I know of a 50 Chrysler 8 pass sedan like the one I had years ago that I would like to get.