Register now to get rid of these ads!

newcomer looking for like-minded rodders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jake H., Sep 16, 2003.

1. Jake H.

Jake H.

I'm a hopeless car nut from the soggy northwest. I have a few local friends that have steered me to the hamb. I am very interested in becoming a member. Traditional style rods and customs are my passion. It's very encouraging to see so many others interested in the real stuff without buying into the whole "kustom kulture" crap. I love whitwalled, chopped, primered, painted, flamed, striped, flattie- powered, ohv-powered, cars, and yes, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash (rip), Gene Vincent, and Buck Owens. But the greaser clones are wearing on me, even up here, away from SoCal. Let me know if what I'm saying grabs any of ya'.

2. Welcome and post some pics of your rides, if you like the things you listed in your post this place will be heaven, and is full of some very cool folks with a LOT of good info.

3. =mike=

=mike=

you might like checking out the site we have for the car club I am in , in addition to this site . see below . .

4. Donzie

Donzie

Welcome hammy. Yep, yer in the right place.
    Is this the kinda stuff ya like?

Attached Files:

5. Nice intro, Hammy. Mentioning Buck Owens ought to be worth a few extra points. Whatcha got for a ride? Any pictures?

6. Jake H.

Jake H.

Hey, thanks to all of you so far who have responded to my intro. Letting me in on the hamb is very cool. I will post some pics of my car as soon as I figure out the process. Any tips? Can I just get a roll of film put onto disc and then upload it somehow? By the way, I drive a shaved, lowered, and primered '60 t-bird. Paint plans call for basic black lacquer with some Watson-style scallops, maybe in pearl gold. Hey Donzie, bad-ass A-bone on deuce rails. Tudor with the top cut off or phaeton with rear doors filled? Checked the sacred karts site, too. Tuff Merc there, Mike.

7. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Welcome, Hammy, from down the Northcoast.
    I don't have a working digi camera yet, so when the roll of progress pics/event pics gets developed, I get a CD version of them for a few bones more when at the likes of Wrong Aide or Walgreens, Costco, etc. Have had too many screwed up problems with Costco's developing, though. Then refine & adjust the format size. to post 'em on the HAMB. What Photoshop-type o' computer program do you have?
    Welcome, again!

8. <font color="red">cHECK IT OUT FOOL .....where are ya at up here?......check us out ya might have seen us rolling in your area! </font> http://groups.msn.com/CoffinsHotRodGang/homepage <font color="red"> Welcome aboard man lots of good info on here take it all in !

R E D M E A T </font>

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome hammy.

Buck Owens was always better than Roy Clark.