Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Jim Curnane

Jim Curnane
    from Orange ,CT

Hi Guys Jim here glad I found your forum looks like I can have some questions answered here on a car I just bought to restore for my wife. Its a 1959 Galaxy/Fairlane Sunliner . i beleive its a 352 2v . I also think its in it origanal state or lets find out. This is cool when you find them like this . I live in Connecticut and this car was a mid wet car Idaho/Utah . I picked it up at a swap meet last week. There is not a pinch of rust on this car un heard of for us here. And it runs like a top. Its going to be all mechanical/ cosmetic restoration
    walk in the park for me this time. By what I can tell this first year shared 2 names I have a friend saying the fairlane script on the trunk does not belong I think it does. And the paint is a little diffrent then what I have seen the 2 tone is a little diffrent the doors are 1 solid color the top of the fenders and the hood are white and the trunk lid is white with yellow on the bottom most i have seen pictures of are one color on top and one on the bottom ? Also where can I find engine codes on the block? Trying to find out if this is the 300 horse t bird special. ?

Attached Files:

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome to the HAMB. Can't help you much as I'm all about 60's fairlanes but you've come to the right place. Good people on this board with LOTS of knowledge. Most will be rolling out of bed soon and you will get your answers then. Tom.

3. Jim,
    Post your questions on the General Discussion Board. You should get better response.
    Good luck and welcome from Michigan.