Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Mooseless

Mooseless

Just picked up a 1962 Ford E100 five window. Was pointed this direction for possible help. Decent amount of work ahead of me, just trying to get it rolling down the road after sitting in a garage in Southern Oregon for 15 years.
    [​IMG]

John Heckman likes this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Nice looking ride. Is it running & driving? What is you intended usage of it? What engine & tranny is in it.
    If sitting for 15 years go thru the brakes , do a compression check to see if all is well inside engine & perhaps new plugs & wires. Check tires for age rot.
    Jimmie

3. Mooseless

Mooseless

It idles in the driveway but sputters and dies in gear. I’ve been changing all fluids and inspecting as I go. Plugs, wires, brakes and tires are all new. Motor is a 240 out of a later Ford, owner didn’t remember where it came from. Same with the auto transmission.
    Just planning on getting it running down the road and driving it as much as possible. Replace some rusty bits and paint when weather allows again. Find some old seats, put in a new headliner and some carpet. Lots of work but plan on keeping it pretty basic. Once I get going I’ll start a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app