Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Newbie with a question! Is this a late Model T or ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rev. Bill, May 23, 2022.

1. Rev. Bill

Rev. Bill

Hi my name is Bill (Costa Mesa Ca.) and I just picked up a project off Craig's List this weekend out of the Garden section (funny it was listed as "lawn art") I'm not sure exactly what it is?
    The guy thought it was 1928 Dodge (he wasn't to sure), I did some research but the body belt line detail doesn't match Dodge. I think it look like it may be a late model Ford "T" Doctors Coupe with the top chopped off. I'm missing a few parts (some assembly required) but I'm looking forward to building a classic TROG racer. Thanks for any help you can provide! CoupesterFontDvrQtr.jpg CoupesterFontPassQtr.jpg CoupesterFontPassQtr.jpg CoupesterRear.jpg CoupesterRearPassQtr.jpg CoupesterRearView.jpg CoupesterFontDvrQtr.jpg CoupesterFontPassQtr.jpg CoupesterRear.jpg CoupesterRearPassQtr.jpg CoupesterRearView.jpg

49ratfink and Squablow like this.
  2. goldmountain

goldmountain

That is a 26 - 27 T coupe. The missing doors are interchangeable with 28 - 29 A truck but even then, they aren't that easy to find.

chessterd5 and WTF really like this.
  3. I sold a pair of doors for 1200.00 bucks. They still needed lower rust repair.

49ratfink and chessterd5 like this.
  4. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

That is technically a 27 Ford, but for all practical purposes a 26 is the same. You found the easy part. Now try to find doors, trunk lid and a top!

5. Squablow

Squablow

Definitely 26-27 T coupe. Trunk lids and doors are hard to find, as mentioned, but if you're building an open top racer you could make those pieces, as it'd be a waste to cut the tops off of a nice set of T coupe doors.

She's a little rough, but it's got all the subrails in it yet, well worth the effort I think, I'd build it.

chessterd5 likes this.
  6. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Yup! The doors sometimes cost as much as the body. And there is still the cost of the rebuild plus the hinges and the fitting. They were going for around 65 dollars a piece the last time I looked. That's times 6 hinges!
    It was cheaper to just make my own doors and hinges. Not perfect but doable if you squint. Lol
    Since the body is already missing the top, I would just make a coupester out of it.
    That would be cool too.

7. Squablow

Squablow

8. 48stude

48stude

My guess is it's a 26 t coupe. The top pic is of my 27 with wood under the window. The bottom pic is of part of a 26 coupe I have with steel under the window. Bill
    P1020853.JPG

P1020855.JPG

Squablow and Rev. Bill like this.
  9. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I’d agree on being a 26.

48stude likes this.