Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie posting in the wrong place.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by FarmFresh, Feb 28, 2005.

1. FarmFresh

FarmFresh
    from Ames, Iowa

I introduced myself in the wrong place. lets try that again. I'm in Ames Iowa, where rodders are few and far between, so the net is the best place to get advice. Anyone else in Iowa? I have a few projects right now and my closest to driving project is a 54 chevy PU I picked up last weekend. I also have a 48 ford PU that has been in the works for a while now. Here is a pic of the ford in the starting stage.

Attached Files:

2. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

Welcome aboard
    a few people here with an F1, whatcha doing with yours?

3. FarmFresh

FarmFresh
    from Ames, Iowa

Mine is actually an f3 so I guted 3/4 ton HD suspension and drive train. I was going to run a gm drive train, but I kept changing my mind. I now think I will run this 331 hemi I found. As far as suspension I have a firebird clip and air bags with a 4 link in the rear. the body will carry stock trim and bumpers, and I have 16in smoothies to fill out the huge wheel openings. It is One of those projects that will take along time because I can't make-up my damn mind on anything.

4. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

5. gman

gman

Welcome, man. Those pickups are great years.

6. robster

robster

Welcome to the HAMB Farmfresh - let me help with your decision - imo DEFINATELY run that hemi - that will make it a bitch'n ride. I used to have one of those motors and my buddy used to have a very similar truck - nice wheels. Good luck with the project.

7. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

It's only been the wrong place for a short time. No big deal. Welcome. :cool:

pigpen

8. DanO

DanO
    Alliance Vendor
    from Neosho, MO

Welcome to the HAMB. I live in Neosho, MO and manage a fleet of trucks there and in Cedar Rapids, IA. We have our drivers pick up product in Ames all the time. I like your truck!

9. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

WELCOME. I was looking for one of those FOrds for a long time.Settledon a Chevy;)

10. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

welcome to the HAMB

11. I go pogo

I go pogo

Welcome from pogo the mad sculptor.

12. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome FarmFresh.

13. howdy, welcome to the HAMB dude.