Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie Necrologist from Utah

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Beavertail, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Beavertail

Beavertail

What's a necrologist you ask? It's a guy who compiles lists of those who have died. In my case, I have created the most comprehensive list of drag race drivers who died while racing. I have researched over 300 drag race drivers who died while racing. See it at Drag Racer Deaths. I have also created a companion site for land speed racers. See it at Land Speed Racer Memorial. I'm hoping the Jalopy Journal community can help me make these sites as accurate and complete as possible. It's a small way to help those racers who died while racing be remembered.

2. erlomd

erlomd

welcome, and....guess who died?.....lol

3. k9racer

k9racer

welcome from alabama.. I have a friend from Georgia who is a race historian. He is gathering info on drivers who died while racing in Ga. It is already rather long.. Racing years ago was a very danger filled profession..

4. Welcome from Virginia Beach

5. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.
    Are you interested in the drivers that lost their lives on the Salt Flats, and Dry Lakes as well?
    firstnomad

6. k9racer

k9racer

I contacted a child hood friend whos father was listed. He was suprised to see it and of all your good hard work.. I also knew 2 others listed on your site.. Thank You for keeping the memories of these racing folks.. Bobby..

7. Beavertail

Beavertail

I definitely am interested in those who died on the salt and dry lakes. I have a website expressly devoted to them. Click on Land Speed Racer Memorial to see the 30 plus racers who've passed away while driving on salt or dry lakes.

8. Rapid Robert

Rapid Robert

Welcome from Taylorsville!

9. b-rod10

b-rod10

welcome form Tooele...

10. daddio211

daddio211

Welcome from rainy (not snowy!) St. George.

11. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from SLC, where the seagulls fly upsidedown.

12. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

13. I have been reading your list of Drag racing deaths and find a couple of mistakes...Dont know where you get confirmation on the facts stated...Very interesting reading anyway

14. anthonyg

anthonyg
    from arizona

right on bro...welcome from az

15. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal