Register now to get rid of these ads!

newbie in South Dakota

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 18n57, Jul 22, 2007.

1. 18n57

18n57

Been read'in about, dream'n about and mess'in with cars for a long time. Out of high school a few years after factory muscle cars came along.....nevr could afford one. Mostly my stuff has taken a lot of crawl'in around on the garage floor, greasy hands, welding burns, and msitakes. Sounds crazy to some, but it is sorta in my nature...and I don't think I'm gonna grow out of it.

2. Welcome to the HAMB!! I just saw pics of your '34 on the fergenboys post. Very nice car and done right for this forum (or anywhere for that matter). I live just north of Sioux Falls (Renner) less than a mile off I-29, so if you are ever going by and have some time to talk cars, give me a call: 543-5878 or 940-3844 I'd like to see your '34 too.

3. 18n57

18n57

Thanks, You might remember the guy I bought this body/frame from. He lived north of the Renner exit a couple miles.....LeRoy Dyce. I may show up at some local events, Vintiques, for sure.

4. Sure do, I know his son Jeff. If you got it from Roy, that must have been over 10 years ago before he died of cancer. Too bad, he was a nice guy. I went to his estate auction and do remember he had a few '34 grills that were sold.

5. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Don't think ill grow out of it either man. Welcome to the hamb dude.

6. Welcome, finally getting to be more of us from Sodak on here! I remember when I was the only one! hahhahahaha

7. 18n57

18n57

I remember that this was the last car he sold out of his stash in the shed. He was a nice guy and I'm glad I bought the car. I was also at the sale and bought a couple pieces. Is Jeff still in SF, thought he might like to see the "finished" car sometime, I haven't seen him since the sale.

8. Yes, Jeff is still in Sioux Falls and he and his father-in-law have a shop near Tea where they do hot rod work in their spare time. His father-in-law, Rod is a friend of mine too, and he has a nice old traditional '32 5W hot rod (done a lot like yours). Next time I see them, I'll tell them about your '34. I'm sure they would both love to see it again. Let me know the next time you get to Sioux Falls and I'll get you in touch with him or out to their shop. Here is a pic of Rod and Diane at Bonneville in 2005 with the 5W. Jeff will really dig your '34 the way you built it.

Attached Files:

9. Dyce

Dyce

My first post. My name is Jeff Dyce. Is that you Steve? I used to dream about that car!! It looks good. I don't get to many shows. I've been driving Dad's 1940 chevy sedan all over the place. Still in the original paint. I am working on a '31 model a coupe. Someone started making a roadster out of it. I am cleaning it up and finishing it off a little. I'd like to see the (I remembered it being a '33) coupe. I may have to go to a car show to see it huh:D .
    Jeff

10. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

Welcome... Good to have another dakotan on board...

11. Dyce

Dyce

Thanks for the welcome. Maybe I'll post some pictures of the model a project sometime on a new thread so I don't hijack this one. I just made peices to top off the quarters today. Welding them in now. I need to figgure out this website too. See ya around..........
    Jeff

12. 6inarow

6inarow

Hi Jeff,

I didnt think Rod would ever drive his '32 again - (wink wink!!)

I'd like to talk to you sometime about a 235 cylinder head for a project I have. Could you help?

Tom

13. Hell, get my brother and Dave on here and we have most of the hotrodders in the state accounted for!

14. Dyce

Dyce

Give me a call next time you are in Sioux Falls and have some spare time. You should stop by the shop. Bring the head with. Any projects? Good to hear from you again. I'm in the phone book, Tea or Sioux Falls...
    Jeff

15. 18n57

18n57

Hi, Jeff!! I'm new to this deal also, but so far I think it's great. Not sure about shows, will definately be at Watertown and maybe Micthell. I had to scratch a bit at the time to buy this car, but sure glad I did. I remember your Dad telling me that it "wasn't much" in the early 70's when he found it, compared to what was available then for early bodies. Sure glad he dragged it home!! If I don't see you at one of the shows I'll drive it to Tea....Steve

16. Dyce

Dyce

I'll be looking for it. My Dad and my uncle bought that car for $75.00. It was going to be mine. The 1932 5 window was going to be my brother Dave's car. He sold the good cars including Yours to start the machine shop. Him and I had some good (and bad) years together in that shop. I wouldn't trade all of the cars in the world for the time we had together there. To bad it was so short. But thats what makes the years so good. I like the car, the engine looks great!! If I get to Brookings I will definatly look you up (You too Tom).
    Jeff