Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie here

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by nwguy, Oct 19, 2018.

1. nwguy

nwguy

Sometime lurker, I do frame repair on most anything from MG's to freightliners. Lots of classic cars, 50's and 60's. I love old stuff!
    I am faced with a problem, 1947 Dodge wd21 ton and a half , six lug brake drums. Drums are warped and beyond turning. What to do?

Bryan AKA Nwguy

CudaChick1968 likes this.
  2. Slopok

Slopok

Downshift!;) Welcome

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi Bryan. Just looked thru my Roberts Motor Parts catalog (old Mopar) and although they have a few items for the 47 truck they did not show any drums. I have recently been searching for parts for my 59 Plymouth Deluxe and have found Google has been my friend on this and have turned up a lot of things I need. give it a try and call Roberst as they may have some non catalog items or may have leads. If you find the drums post back & let us know.
    good luck, Jimmie

4. CudaChick1968

CudaChick1968

Welcome aboard Bryan! There's a couple guys who post on ForTrucksOnly.com who have WD21s. Maybe they can help.

In the meantime make yourself at home and enjoy it here! :D

5. robert c walter

robert c walter

Well, I guess I'm new too but have been reading this for years.

Today I bought a pair of matching dual quads sans a manifold. They are Carter AFB. In 2014 a discussion on Jalopy Journal with another member looking for help his single carb appeared here and the thought was they could be for a Buick nail-head or even Mopar . The body casting is 1673 and the top is 1593.primary butterflies are numbered 2-253 10deg and secondaries are 2-196 15deg,
    Can anyone give me more insight as to what they could have been used on as a pair? Previous owner had fords, mopars, chev etc. Estate find so no one to talk to.

CudaChick1968 likes this.
  6. CudaChick1968

CudaChick1968

lothiandon1940 likes this.