Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from the old country

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Ratty, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Ratty

Ratty

Hi guys and gals , Ratty here . been surfing round your forum for a while now and thought it was time I got involved . Always loved rods and kustoms , but only really started getting into the scene in Blighty over the last 4/5 years . After a bit of an embarassing start ('86 Z28 IROC , don't ask!) I've got myself a 32 roadster pick-up the way I want it , plus I've just got my hands on an A coupe body for the next project . Can't believe it took me so long to finally get off my arse and start rodding , so now I'm making up for lost time ;-)

2. How about pictures of the '32 and the A.....skip the Z....:D

Oh, yeah.....Welcome !

3. Ratty

Ratty

Sorry it took so long , but i'M abIt slllow at cumpooters . Plus I'm connected via my cellphone , parked in a layby on the side of a mountain . Told you I'd only just got the A ;-)

4. Ratty

Ratty

By the way , my cars ain't that fuzzy , crap windows picture re-sizer , sorry ;-(

5. Welcome to the HAMB from a former Brit!! Now in California....There's a lot of Brit's on here, you will likely know a few...What part of Norfolk are you from? Are you going to Hemsby?

I'm not, but I know a few HAMB'ers are...

UK HAMB Meet anyone??

Anyway, welcome!!

Dave

6. Ratty

Ratty

Cheers Dave , I'm from Thetford , but don't tell anyone , lol . First time at Hemsby this year and can only make the saturday/sunday , really looking forward to it . I'll be the fat bloke with bad hair if anyone wants to meet up , probably be down the beach .
    Have to say though , a California beach sounds warmer !

7. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Welcome Ratty,

that's a grouse lookin pickup there, I can't wait to hear plans for the A Coupe an see it finished,

Outback

8. Ratty

Ratty

Cheers Outback , I'll take it that "grouse looking" is good ,lol ! Should've put some details on really : Glass body ,original firewall , one-off steel buck , '36 Pilot chassis , 32 front end , 56 Chevy back , warmed over 318 chrysler with 727 box , some old seat , Watts striping . New wheels and lakes headers going on in the next few weeks to get her on form for the annual run to the Le Mans 24hr .

Still planning the A , but it'll be low ...

9. Big D

Big D

nice rides,welcome to the HAMB from another FNG from Pa.

10. Welcome to the Hamb from another Limey

I like the RPU. Keep us posted on the A

11. Ratty

Ratty

Cheers Big D and Taildraggin , feeling all at home now ! Think the A's gonna be a slow burner , gotta sort the cash and parts etc . Not decided exactly how to get her lookin yet , any ideas more than welcome ...

12. Any ideas on the A?
    Tall like a tractor so you can get it down the track from Ivors sheds... otherwise it'll never reach the road!
    Welcome aboard young man, welcome aboard.

13. Ratty

Ratty

Ha ha ha , is that the real reason Phil , or are you getting lonely having the highest T in England ? lol