Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Stephenville, Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by fuel, May 14, 2008.

1. fuel

fuel

Hey,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. A buddy of mine turned me onto this board just recently.

I'm into building stuff, whether it is cars, bikes, boats, whatever. Not a great mechanic, but I'm a fairly decent welder and machinist.

I'm working on a 1940 Chevy pickup right now. Z'd the frame several inches. Building the front suspension right now. Tearing a 235 down right now to put back in it. 4 speed tranny is from a '51 Chevy pickup. I have pics but they are on my cellphone. I can't find the cord so I can load it up to the computer or I'd post some pics. I'll see if a buddy has a camera that I can take some pics with.

My goal is to have it running and driving (not finished) by July 4th. Wish me luck because a lot of the work will be fabbed by me and very few things will be store bought.

Thanks,

Clint

2. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Welcome from Amarillo. You'll find the board is loaded with all kinds of mind blowing information.

3. HDVooDoo

HDVooDoo
    from TEXAS MOFO

What's up man. Glad to see another Texan on the board.

4. pecker head

pecker head

welcome from Corsicana

5. mayej

mayej
    from Tok, AK

Decent welder you say, hmm?
    Welcome aboard!
    Now, get your butt to walmart and buy a digital camera man! Now a days, they're cheaper than my sister! Take pics of your work, you will live to be thankful you did!
    (especially if you ever decide to sell it)

So, about that welding skill.....

6. fuel

fuel

Yeah, I grew up welding (mainly stick and TIG) and then continued to do it for a living as a part of my job. We did alot of modifications to production machinery in several different industrial plants, so I've machined and fabricated lots of one-off parts. We did a lot of work in mild steel and even more in stainless steel. Usually 304, 304L, 308, 308L, and 316. I love to TIG. I never had to to weld in a production style setting so it never really got old to me. I was lucky because it was something new everyday. Helps with the ol' ADD. :D

Have access to several manual lathes, mills, welders, brakes and shears, so I'm lucky there, too.

Went to Kennedale yesterday and got a rearend from a '62 Chevy pickup so I'm a little closer to my goal. $125! Whoo Hoo!

I'll try to buy a camera soon. Saving the $$$ for parts though. The wheels and tires ain't gonna be cheap. LOL. I'm having the radiator, the generator, and starter rebuilt right now so funds are kind of tight.

7. welcome from ms..

8. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Hey seen any aliens lately?

I've spent a little time in Stephenville....Tarleton Grad 2003.

Well you are in the right place to find info on your hot rod...just dont ask any stupid questions or forget to use the search function or they will hammer you.:D

9. madmak95

madmak95