Register now to get rid of these ads!

newbie from Philly

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by hibbyjr53, Apr 8, 2007.

1. I've been a gear head since I was born, in 53'. Spent many weekend late nights in my p.j.'s sleepin' on the back seat of Dad's 50' Olds, while Mom + him hung out at the local Atlantic gas station, drinkin' + street racing. Went thru the muscle car era with no money, so my first drag car was a 56' Chevy pu w/ 235-6 + 3 on-the-tree. Dragin' anythig I can get my mitts on, I was pretty succsessful in the late 70's on cycles. Presently my runner is a 62' Buick Duece-n-1/4, and the project is a 55' Gasser. Does my old heart good to see the young-uns keepin Trad rods n Kustoms alive. I thought they were all dead back in the late 70's. Thank's for letting me share in this community.:cool:

2. 1oldrat

1oldrat

welcome hibby I'm not too far from you near Reading I'm building a 56 2 door wagon gasser.This site is great

3. thanks man, I new it was good. it's been on my favorite sites for a couple years. guess I was figurin' I'd be on all the time & not get any work done.

4. Welcome to the HAMB, glad to have you.

5. hey hibby,welcome from hatboro pa