Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from OK

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by agasrcng, Jul 3, 2006.

1. agasrcng

agasrcng
    from Mounds, OK

Hey guys, I'm brand new to this site...just found out about y'all at the Nitro Nationals this weekend from my good buddy Ryan! My boyfriend and I have an old '48 Anglia (classic gasser) we like to take out to the nostalgia drags. We just found out about the HAMB drags and we're gonna venture up to MoKan to see if we can hang with all of y'all.:cool:

2. ponchoman

ponchoman

Welcome to the HAMB. Were you the ones with the lil' Black Anglia, at T-town? Neat Car!!! I was with the Ross Auto '37 Willys p/u, help crew it, when I leave the old poncho at home.

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms

That Anglia is all show and GO!!!!! I enjoyed watching it get it on down the
    track. Welcome aboard!!

Happy Trails,

Mick

4. agasrcng

agasrcng
    from Mounds, OK

Yep that was us! Jim (my main squeeze) was drivin' that thing. He sure was wantin' to get an opportunity to run against y'all and then also that other coupe, but it just didn't work out. We had weird things goin on with the car that day! He ironed out all the issues just in time for eliminations and we got out run. But at least it was closer to a normal 1/4 mile time on the last pass.

P.S. I hope I reply to this correctly. This thing looks a little different than another message board I'm used to workin in! If not, someone give me some pointers on how this thing works:confused:

5. agasrcng

agasrcng
    from Mounds, OK

I don't know about all that! We were pretty much a lame duck Saturday. I can honestly say we've had better runs in the past! But we appreciate the compliment anyhow! Now last year was a different story! Jim scared the crap out of me with his little wheelie he did last time! That thing was almost draggin' the bumper!

6. Whitey

Whitey
    from T-Town

OH SHIT!!!!!!!!
    Everybody look out for her "squeeze" he's a nutty one!!!!

BTW: Welcome you two, it's good to see you guys here!

7. agasrcng

agasrcng
    from Mounds, OK

I KNOW!!!!! And I must be just as nutty for hangin' out with him!!!!

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad Ryan turned me on to this site, it's pretty cool... I've been lookin' through all the stuff. This is more our style. Sometimes a lot of people aren't real sure how to take us! We tend to be a little loud and rowdy! :eek:

8. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome aboard from a fellow Okie!