Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie From Michigan

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Badhabit, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Badhabit

Badhabit

Hello everyone, Jeff here. I'm from Nothern Michigan. Like many of you I grew up with all the normall influences of hot cars and burning rubber! Like it was yesterday I can still recall my brothers friends brand new 64 GTO sitting in our driveway when I was 9 years old. And the shoe box Chevy's that were always at the neighbors house accross the street. Oddly, I find it difficult to remember birthdays' and anniversary's?

Right now I have two 55 Chevys in my shop. One will be for the street and cruising and the other may be a race only gasser. I also have a 46 Chevy pickup "cab only" that will be low and chopped. Not sure what I'm doing with a 53 Ford pickup quite yet.

As both of my daughters have relocated to Arizona recently, I am also considering relocation to Arizona. Probably near Temper, Gilbert or Chandler. It's a dry heat right guys? The toughest part is giving up a job (What??) and my pretty decent shop. (WTF??) But then again, I have grown to hate winters. We'll see.

I have already benefited from the brain trust that is a part of this site and I only hope that I can also contribute positively in the near future. Thanks all!

Jeff.

2. big bad john

big bad john

.....Jeff......welcome to the H.A.M.B........you got some nice cars......keep us posted and enjoy the ride.....Big Bad John

3. TDWZ28

TDWZ28
    from Michigan

Welcome Jeff. I'm new here too. I'm down near Flint. I have a 55 Nomad gasser car. Couple of pics of it here on the site. I spent a little time in Phoenix, Glendale, and Sun-City AZ back in the late 70's. Winter there is a hell of a lot better than here!

4. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Georgia!

5. oldman2

oldman2

Jeff, hello and welcome from Missouri, left Michigan 15 yrs ago, after I retired, DON'T miss it at all.

6. 48fleetmaster

48fleetmaster

Welcome from mid-Michigan.

Arizona?? Well, I guess there is something to be said about being to go outside and wash one of your rods in January in a pair of shorts. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

7. Welcome from Connecticut

8. Jeff,
    Nice intro. Welcome from Howell.

9. Greetings from the bottom right of the state.

10. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from Conn.

11. 56madmook

56madmook
    from long beach

welcome Jeff, post some pictures of those 55 chevys sometime.

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

welcome... and for the record, i was born hating winters. ;)

13. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah