Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Indy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by iracer, Aug 20, 2007.

1. iracer

iracer

Hello from Indy. I am new to the traditional hot rod scene but not new to cars and such. I started working on my Dad's '67 Mustang when I was ten, graduated to a '74 Road Runner when I was 15. Time to get an education when I was 18 so off to college I went. As college sap's a lot time and resources, I drifted away from cars and focused on making something of myself. Four years of college, three years as a professional engineer and much coxing from my father it was back to college to focus on a Masters program. I realized that I really wanted to be involved in motorsports professionally so after my 2nd round of school I worked hard and hired onto one of the teams here in Indy. Well for the last 13 years I have mechaniced, engineered cars from Corvette sportcars to Indycars, which I do currently. Well to make a short story even longer, the driver I currently work with is a big hot rodder. After several discussions and bench racing session, I have the bug to go back and start building a traditional hot. Well after much research and support from wife and friends, I found and purchased a '29 Model A Sedan. Good friend recommended me to join the HAMB so here I am ready to be a part of this wonderful community.