Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from IL

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by outcast13, Aug 28, 2010.

1. outcast13

outcast13

Have had a ton of rides over the years, love the "Rat Rod" movement and hope to keep it alive as long as possible. Always buyin, sellin, swappin rides and looking for the next deal to come along.

2. Welcome from Michigan. FYI the "R" word is not well received on this forum. Traditional might be a better choice. Less likely to get flamed
    by the purists. Good luck.

3. silent rick

silent rick

but don't start calling a ratrod a traditional build. a piece of shit by any other name is still a piece of shit.

4. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Welcome from Des Moines,Iowa.

5. I'm guessing that he meant to say "traditional rod or kustom", right?

6. ironpile

ironpile

I think a lot of "so called purists" have let their ego`s trample their sense of humor.My ride is a little rough but it has all the safety items necessary for the street.If some want to call a "RAT" it`s fine with me .

7. ironpile... What has "so called purists", "ego's" and "sense of humor" got to do with it? outcast13 stated that he "loves the "Rat Rod" movement and hopes to keep it alive", that is NOT what the h.a.m.b. is about! He was, pretty much, politely being told that this is not a place for that. There is a difference between the two after all! I'll agree that just because someone has chosen to paint their car flat black doesn't make it a rat rod, but if your claiming it's one then I guess it is one and it doesn't belong here. I'm assuming that you know the difference, right?

8. Holy shit. You guys got to lighten up. Aren't we here to build cars and have fun?

9. LK32hudson

LK32hudson

hello..... from new hampshire

10. big bad john

big bad john

Welcome to H.A.M.B. from Wisconsin,,,,,,,,Big Bad John:D

11. outcast13

outcast13

Thanks to all and TRADITIONAL absolutely !! Won't use the "R" word ever again .....

12. COOL! Welcome from Arkansas...

13. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome From Sidney Illinois

14. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!