Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie From Humboldt County

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mwalk202, Feb 18, 2005.

1. mwalk202

mwalk202

Hi, I have been lurking for 5 or 6 months now, and I feel it’s time to join. Here’s some info on me; my name is Matt Walker, I’m 19 and live in Eureka, California. I have a 1964 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 2-door hardtop with the 394 engine. I bought it last June and it is the first car I’ve owned. Over time I have grown to like the 394 to the point where I would be the engine of choice if I was to build any other car. My plan is to rebuild the engine with flat top pistons, reworked cylinder heads, custom ground camshaft, etc. I would like to change the intake to a 6x2 setup, but that may be an unpractical idea, so I’m undecided. The Slim Jim transmission is, as most know, junk, so I’ll be changing it out. I’m set on a B&M Hydrostick, and I had found a really good one, but a family emergency has put any thoughts on it on hold for some time. The rearend would be a 57-64 Olds/Pontiac limited slip unit with undecided gears. Besides the suspension and Wheels/Tires (which I’m also undecided on) the car would be mostly stock. I’m joining because while my car may not be a traditional hotrod, this message board has a lot of knowledge on the early rocket engines, by far the most I’ve been able to find. Hopefully I’ll be able to get answers to the many questions I have. And hopefully, in time, I will be able to help out others with the knowledge I acquire here. Finally, here are a lot of pictures of my car. http://members.cardomain.com/mwalk202

2. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome to the HAMB from an Oklahoma newcomer!

3. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Welcome Matt! Very sharp Olds. I looks showroom stock. As long as your not going to race it,the stock trans will be just fine. These big cars are great cruisers,and since your is in such fine condition,you will enjoy it even more,when you get compliments,on it's originality. Which ever way you decide to go with your ride,you have a fine starting point. Those 394's can be built into real monsters! Enjoy, Sparky:D

4. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Hello,and welcome!:D