Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Finland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by makke, May 30, 2005.

1. makke

makke

Greetings from Finland,

Hello, I'm Makke (actually Marko but nicname is Makke). I live in small place called Lieto which located near city of Turku in southwest of Finland. And here polar bears don't walk on streets. ;-)
    I'm '37 years old machine technician and totally car freak. I am build cars since I was 10 years old.
    Mostly I want to make plate works; so my garage is full of projects.

Most of my cars are British GM's... Vauxhall's.
    Well known of those is my little Pontiac; Vauxhall Victor '57 called "Pikku Vihtori" means "Baby Vic". I modified it a lot, 1997 I visit with it all Finnish car Show's. Here is pics about it (click the picture if want to see more)
    [​IMG]

I have also many else Vauxhall's which most are still in progress... one furthercoming street rod http://personal.inet.fi/cool/makkes.garage/nykyiset/valhalla.html
    and sectioned and chopped etc... "freak car" http://personal.inet.fi/cool/makkes.garage/nykyiset/squeezer.html

And lot of else Vauxhall's.

And of course few US cars too, DeSoto Diplomat Deluxe STW '61, A Ford TuDor, '35 Ford ForDor and '46 Packard. These all are still peace of crap, but maybe some day?!

Cause I'm an old ugly guy, I will show some other better picture. So, here is my lady and daughter with Gene Winfield one month ago, picture is taken one Car Show here in Finland. It was very nice to talk with Maestro quite long time. Thank's Gene!

[​IMG]

EDIT: Few language mistakes

2. Reprisal

Reprisal

Welcome Makke!

Nice cars! Can't wait to see Valhalla when it's completed, looks great. Love the name too, we don't get many norse mythology inspired rides in these parts (which is a shame I think!)

Greetings and Happy HAMBing

3. makke

makke

Thank's Reprisal!

Nice that U like my cars, even those are not all US cars.

Those my "Baby Vic" is quite interesting car. Is it US or British one originally? F type Vauxhall Victor was the first European car with dog leg screens. Also it was test drived very first time in Detroit October '55. And Pontiac dealers sold Victors in US called it "little Pontiac" before Tempest came out.
    But mine one is modified a lot. It was originally 4d sedan, now it is 2dht. Lot of chopped and also I make fenderskits by my self. And there are lot of else plate works too; actually I make 60% plates on my own.

And those my US cars. Ford... '35 and A Tudor are both just rust pieces, but have to weld new plates, it's so simple.
    '46 Packard will be kustom, but it's not good either.
    '61 DeSoto, it is very rare one, sold only out of US and only few manufactured. I wish to make kustom stw, but still wondering what to do with it.

And those Valhalla Vaux which one U like. I like it too, a lot! I think that it is really good car to modify. And name... it sounds good in my mouth. You will see some day very unprejudiced car with old school attitude. I hope so!

4. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Welcome to the HAMB ! Always great to hear from people all around the globe !

5. makke

makke

Thanks TheFrenZ! BTW, my godmother live near in Frankfurt, place called Swalbach. And my ancestry are originally German... more than one hundred years ago.
    Well well I know that I am weird one, just cause I still modify those old GM Vauxhall's... but dare to be different! ;)
    But my old US cars will be on road some day if I live so long...

BTW, I am used internet and usenet since early 90's and my homepages are been there since -96. I am registered HAMB 2004, but I read hamb earlier. But now I will also write something too... sad about U ;)

6. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.:D

7. makke

makke

Thanks that You wish me welcome! :)

8. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Welcome on board Makke! Nice to get You here, The HAMB is the most perfect place on the Net for such a car freak as You are... ;) Got any pics of your '46 Packard and A-Tudor?

Mika

9. Welcome to the HAMB...that car of yours is COOL! Nice work. :cool:

10. makke

makke

Hello Mika,
    No yet pictures about Packard and Tudor because cars not are in my Garage yet. Actually I don't even seen any pictures about those ones. I make deals few weeks ago and now have to get those here. But few words I can tell, they are very rusty ones and I have to think what to do with them.

11. makke

makke

Hi Barnett,

Thank You. Nice to hear that You like my kustom.

12. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB, nice looking cars.

13. makke

makke

Thanks Joeycarpunk... I will ask silly questions many times... OK, maybe I can give something too. ;)

14. makke

makke

BTW Mika. Those Packard and A Tudor will come to me one guy who You know too. He live Pargas and Marienhamn.
    What I heard about Packard it is actually only body and frame without axles which is near to body. A Tudor is just body, also I will get AA Ford cowl and A pillars. I already have new frame (I made it last week). And those two Cadillac flattys I maybe use these cars. But have to first get all pieces in my Garage.

15. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Sounds a good plan to me, A-Tudor with an early Caddie Flattie, mmmmmm!