Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie From Across the Pond

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Johnnyolds98, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Johnnyolds98

Johnnyolds98

Howdy fellows,

I'm a 32 year old guy from Hamburg, Germany and have a 1956 Olds 98 4dr Sedan and am totally into early - mid 50ies customs and the whole Rockabilly stuff since I'm 10.
    I know some might now say nice but 4 doors is 2 too many - :p totally agree but since this is my first ride (and those 56 98 coupes are too expensive over here) I'm true to her and slowly modify her to my own likings and I strike it rich one day - I'll get me my 2 door Holiday. :D

Latest mods were a cleaned front bumper and a custom grill.
    Planned mods are: 2,5" (illegal) lowering, some custom interior, some decent shaving and a new paint job.

Can't say how I envy you guys doing whatever modifications on your rides because over here in Germany everything else than having an old stocker is a pain in the arse - cuz everthing is forbidden: lowering? chopped tops? Forget it - Not allowed ... it's really frustrating.:(

Anyway ... looking forward to meet new people being as infested with the rod-bug as me. And who knows maybe even have a couple of beers at meeting like the VLV car show.

So long,
    J

P.S.: Pics will follow as soon as I got them transferred to my new PC

2. Hopefully we can feed your hot rod habit from over here.
    Welcome.

3. rcoffey

rcoffey

welcome and howdy from TEXAS!