Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie/FNGs... Thread resurrections.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by exwestracer, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Guys, please look at the date of the LAST post on the threads you reply to. If you want to bring up an old topic for a fresh discussion, great!

But if you're responding to the original post on a thread that's been dead for 5 or so years, chances are the poster already GOT his answer or isn't interested in anymore feedback...really.

Seems to be a lot more of this happening lately. And if your back hair is standing up and you want to jump on me for this, re-read the second sentence above...

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. onedge

onedge

Does get old fast.

4. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

5. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Also, to EVERYONE... don't hit the "quote" button on posts with photos. It gets real annoying to see the same photo over and over again.

6. cbr74

cbr74
    from Nampa, ID

Or.... remove the photo links from the post you are quoting just like removing all but key phrase(s) to parpahrase another's post.

7. Or when you are just responding to the post (Porknbeaner are you listening?) :D

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  8. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you are replying to a question with a photo lets say on the Race Cars 1894-1944 thread note the number on the post and use that in your reply. I enjoy reading new info from new members, just helps knowing what the reply is too. Merry Christmas! Bob

9. I thought that was OK to do, only because Porknbeaner does it:D. Thanks for clarifying!

10. ...Excellent point.:)..Especially if it's a post with like 10 "big" pictures!.....Sheeesh.

11. 117harv

117harv

YES, PLEASE STOP doing this. I sometimes see the same pics 4 or 5 times, on one page...with several big pics.

I was guilty of replying to an old dead thread when i first joined, got flamed and never did it again:)

12. It's easy enough to delete everything you don't want to quote... Just click and drag the mouse over what you don't want to keep and hit the delete button.

13. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Anything Porknbeaner does is okay :D

14. ... and dont start a barn find thread without pictures to go with the claim!
    Lol

15. Here, you can use this if it happens...
    [​IMG]