Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie! All the way from dirty Pomona

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ChrisMejia, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

Hows it going fellas?

I want to introduce myself formally! I have been lurking around on the HAMB for a while now, and I have no clue how this got by me, but I never introduced myself. A fellow-HAMBer 'Ollin' called me on it. He told me that if I didn't introduce myself that I would get some serious sh*t from all of you. To this day I haven't gotten any so... THANKS.

So, where do I start. I have been into hot rods for a long time but never really knew anything about them because the guidance was never there. My dad drove a 1962 Falcon and mom had a 64 impala when we were kids, but I think they just drove them because that's all they could afford at the time. They were beaters and we were embarrassed to be seen in them. When I first got into high school I got my first glimpse of a real hot rod at a car show in L.A. A 1932 highboy. I had no clue what to make of it but I knew I loved it. Then several years later I met my buddy 'Ollin'. Talk about a true and die hard Hot Rodder and 50's fanatic. I was quickly hooked to the lifestyle. My little brother 'vntge41' came along for the ride and started the true hot rod phase in our lives. I learned more about the mechanics and traditionalism from my brother who is 4 years younger than I am. This guys now owns a 1941 Chevy Master Deluxe, a 1936 Ford pick-up, a 1956 Plymouth Savoy, and between us we also owned a 1955 Ford Customline, a 1956 Chevy Custom, and a 1956 Olsmobile (still own that one). Still hoping to get our hands on some old steel such as a 32 or Model A.

Now... I am currently working for a well known Speed Shop in Pomona. I am learning more about Hot Rods everyday from some pretty amazing fabricators and builders than I ever thought I would.

I have noticed that there is a huge fan following of 'Littleman' here on the HAMB. For 6 months I got to really know him! This dude is the real sh*t. 'Littleman' you will be huge!

I basically joined the HAMB because in the few months that I have been lurking around here I've learned a heap of knowledge and If I stick around I'm confident I can consider my self a real HAMber and a true hot rodder.

What do you guys say? Am I in or out?:D

2. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

let me start off by saying welcome big bro'.we are all one big hot rodding family but this really is my big brother.dont worry we'll get you in a 32 or an Av8 before you know it so welcome.this is the guy who started me on this 40'and 50's hot rod and custom lifestyle

3. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

Or your 36 Pick up!

4. OLLIN

OLLIN

f*cken' new guys!
    just kidding...
    welcome bro!