Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newb from Bama

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Nighthawk756, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Nighthawk756

Nighthawk756

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a Ford guy and I've built a few late model mustangs in my past. I've had a rusted out '67 Mustang Fastback on the backburner for a few years waiting to be rebuilt. I always had a love affair, from afar nonetheless, with 53-56 F100's. But I resigned myself that building one would be far in the future for me.

I was at my friend's shop a couple weeks ago where my fastback is being stored. I was looking it over getting ready to start ordering sheet metal to begin the build when I saw out of the corner of my eye....the girl of my dreams....the girl that made me forget about my current girl, the fastback....a beautiful fat-fendered '53 F100. My friend could see the lust in my eyes and added fuel to the flames when he directed me to look under her hood. What was under the hood proved to be my undoing....the original flatty that still spun freely.

Suffice it to say....the rest was history. A deal was struck between the friend and I for the new girl to be mine.

So the process begins....:D

I see alot of research here in my future! ;)

Edited to add pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but not least....she doesn't look like much but she still spins freely....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. Jarhead1986

Jarhead1986
    BANNED

Welcome from Cordova Alabama. Wicked project man. I grew up ridin in my dads 54 F100 and its sittin in the garage waiting too be mine one day.

3. Nighthawk756

Nighthawk756

Thanks man....sounds like you have a nice legacy waitin' on ya in that garage! ;)

4. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

5. Nighthawk756

Nighthawk756

I appreciate it! ;)

6. Nighthawk756

Nighthawk756

Pics added to original post! :cool:

7. Welcome to the hamb.

8. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome from Texas!

9. Nighthawk756

Nighthawk756

10. Welcome from Hartselle Alabama!!! Looks like youve got a nice project ahead of you.