Register now to get rid of these ads!

New ZZ Top video!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AllenK, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Way cool...best ZZ Top Vid ever...:cool:

2. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

PERFECT! There need to be more music videos with real hot rods in them!

3. Lmao!!!! Best one yet!!!

4. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I respect your opinion but how do you end up with all their music, on every form available and consider them "blah"?:confused: I have bands I don't favor, but I'll be damned if I'll say that and then go out and buy all their music. Just curious.

As for the video, if I wasn't into cars or women would I still like it? Yup. ZZ Top has a very distinct sound. They could play Mozart and it would sound bad ass.

6. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Thats just tits man!!!!

7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Simple.Bought Rio Grande Mud and loved it.Buy the next ones hoping for the same vibe.Tejas was a shift in style,not much was like Mud but to my ears it was good.Buy the rest listening to the changes to the music.XXX to my ears was a shift back to the roots of the band.I tend to buy complete album sets of artists.Got every Rory Gallagher,Johnny Winter,including bootlegs,Robin Trower etc.There isnt a band or solo artist yet that I like everything they play but like collecting anything full sets are a fun way to see the changes that happen.1500 albums in the basement so it may be a slight obsession.LOL

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay, that explains it. I liked their early stuff the first time I heard them. Everything during and after MTV is catchy, but not as cool. Back in 81-82, I won back stage passes and their entire work up to that point. The heavy blues influence in their early work was priceless. Considering that MTV and videos aren't as popular as they once were, it would be great to have them go back to their early style.

Another thought I had about this current video is imagining what impact this video would have made, if it had been done in the "street rod" 80's. Would the street rodders been pissed that the cars didn't have candy paint and graphics? Would the traditional style have caught on sooner? In the 80's, the cars in this video would have been considered incomplete.

When "Eliminator" came out, I didn't really like the videos that much. They were catchy and it was cool to see a hot rod on MTV 10 times a day, but all it did was make me think hot rods were a rich mans toy. Pushed them into "Lottoland".

9. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Billy Gibbons makes me proud to be a HotRodder !

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. Ya gotta love that little ol' band from Tejas.

Attached Files:

11. AllenK - Pretty cool indeed! ... Thanks for sharing!

12. Because yellow teeth are sooo much nicer to look at?:confused:

Great video, song...eh.

13. They make that big ol dirt hole, they call El Mirage look inviting.. or maybe it's just the chicks driving hot rods! Neat video

14. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

Agreed.........the song lacked the good old ZZ Top "soul"!

15. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Those chicks hadta be paid! hahha Good stuff!!

16. Yeah.. A whole whopping $150 bucks, each!

17. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

not my kind of music but damn awesome video!

18. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Nice!!

19. jmh

jmh

BAD ASS ZZ Top all the way!! KOOL!! John

20. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Why? When they resort to covering gangsta rap songs glorifying a lifestyle of peddling crack cocaine to keep "down with the kids"?
    [​IMG]

21. Well i been listen n to ZZ TOP since their first album ..one of th benifits of being an old fart i guess..i ld never known this was a cover of.some rap.shit song...that i guess is the best part abou Top...they can turn shit into cool...i find it a nice change from some of.their mid-carreer stuff..but i always looked.at that part of rheir history as a matter of survival ...hell i ld lend rhem.my topo just to sniff the seat after one of those chicks.drove it...as long as they threw in a copy of.this new cd....:cool:;):thumbup:

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

22. perk30

perk30

What's not to like in that video! Thanks for posting it.

23. hemi

hemi

Most people would be surprised at how many "popular" songs are remakes of other songs from different genres...

They can't stay one trick pony 1979 or '83 forever... And if it wasn't brought up that it was a "rap" song, most grumblers would just nod their head and sing along.. and I highly doubt it's going to convert any masses of Slim Thug fans who don't already nod their head to classic rock once in a while anyways. Artists evolve like everything else in life. Step outside the box and have fun.. Henry Ford wanted to build an economical V8... :D

I think they did a good job... I like the hook, the video, and the raunchy guitar... but that's just me and my two Lincolns.

24. redroaddog

redroaddog

the song not so much .....chicks....hotrods thats the shit right there

25. farmer12

farmer12

Just awesome! Love it!

26. tnich123

tnich123

That right there makes you proud to be Texan. Hot cars and hot chicks. The boys from Texas have to keep pushing the style thats why they have stayed so popular over the years. Still got the style to build those rigorous hot rods. Cool video better each time I watch it.

27. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

The World is right again.....great song, great video great album, great band....need I say more?

28. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

real kool specially the eliminater keychain at the end

29. von zipper

von zipper

Amen brother!:cool:

30. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I could watch that video all fucking day !!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.